Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1 / Kontakt 7.10.1 Standalone window/layout prefs/settings

Options
Dave Schulze
Dave Schulze Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi all,

I'm on MacOS Sonoma and luckily all my NI stuff works fine. Surprise. I use Ableton 12, but I like KK & Kontakt standalone to load and play Kontakt instruments and other manufacturers' VSTs.

My question is…

How do I get KK to save my window prefs when I close and reopen? Size and position on my desktop as well as the Library Pane. I dislike having all the tiles taking up half my workspace and the Presets crammed far right.

Kontakt 7.10.1 has the same issue. I would like the apps to reopen to my last tab (File/Library/View) and window settings.

If I need to log this as a feature request, please advise.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

How do I get KK to save my window prefs when I close and reopen? Size and position on my desktop as well as the Library Pane. I dislike having all the tiles taking up half my workspace and the Presets crammed far right.

You can't, gui state is not saved or even an option as to what to load when opened. One of many features asked for over the years but alas, no sign it will ever be an option. Kind of wasn't an issue in V2 of KK which tab to open onto as it was all a nice neat single convenient screen with everything displayed.