Crackles by using Traktor Audio 2 MK2

Options
Nudelwasser
Nudelwasser Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have crackles using my Traktor Audio 2 MK2 with a newly setup gaming PC that I want to use with a Studiologic SL88 GRAND Firmware 1.7.0. (latest) and have updated the driver for the NI device as well, as well as all the drivers for the PC using an HP Tool inkluding updating the BIOS.

So still I have these noises/crackles/hanging sounds. LatencyMon tells me my system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. Is further says: You are likely to experince buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One of more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or moe ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be releated to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS update.

This is a gaming computer with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor @ 3.80 GHz, so CPU is between 0.2-2% engaged when pressing the keys of the SL GRAND.

The Traktor piece also has the latest driver from 2015. It says Windows 7 and later driver. Does anyone know of any issues with this sound controller and Windows 11?

I have set the latency to the max of 4 seconds, exchanged connecting cables between the SL GRAND and the PC as well as of the PC with the TRAKTOR controller. I have moved the input to different USBs, back, front, one vs two side by side, nothing helped so far. Nonetheless, 4 s latency were better that 3 s. If I remove mouse and keyboard cable this seem to get better. But this doesn't seem like a good solution. Any thoughts how to improve my situation?

Answers

• Nudelwasser
    Nudelwasser Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The Traktor Audio 2 MK2 Control Panel has a diagnostics tool which essentially confirms the issue showing buffer underruns and 'Audio dropouts have been detected. This computer can not process all audio in real time. This computer is most likely not suitable for realtime Audio.