Traktor S2 Mk3 Disconnecting/Reconnecting mid set (windows 10)

Options
PaulBeta
PaulBeta Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi all,

Since a recent 2024 Windows 10 update my Tracktor unit keeps disconnecting and reconnecting mid set when DJing in Tractor Pro 3.

I run Traktor on my DAW of which has a Presonus sound card running at the same time as the S2's onboard soundcard (I connect using the S2 AISO driver in Traktor Pro).

Things I've reviewed:
- Unplugging the Presonus when DJING.
- Disabling the Presonus drivers when DJING
- Changing the USB port that the unit plugs into the back of my DAW PC.
- Disabled the Traktor WDM out/in sound card option in sound settings
- USB cable
- Drain on power supply
- Disabling the Traktor WDM sound card in device manager - Currently testing this.
- Currently running through a powered USB 3.0 hub using the higher powered ports - Currently testing this

Still having issues with whatever I do. It does not even show up as an error in ASIO or Windows 10 diagnostics. It's as if someone is unplugging it and putting it back in mid set.

I've also connected and run on MacOS through MacBook Air M2 (no issues, very stable) - So it's not a faulty S2 unit.

Does anyone think this is power related, there is an optional power supply port on the back of the S2. However evidence online suggests this does not power the unit only supplies power to the S2 USB port when used with an iPad. Therefore would not fit my problems.

If I'm wrong with this and the device is powered by optional power supply then I'll get one. Couldn't hurt. Although I don't want to get one if its not worth it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Paul

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,693 mod
    Options

Power savers on? (power management)

• PaulBeta
    Options

Hi Stevan, thanks for your response.

All USB ports have power saving disabled (at least they did last time I checked).

Best Paul

• PaulBeta
    Options

Just had a BSOD > Event Viewer says critical kernal error - power failure.

Ordered power supply. Hope it works!

• PaulBeta
    Options

I think this maybe to do with having two USB powered soundcards on the same machine. Unistalled Presonus card and testing with just the Traktor soundcard. I'll update if fixed.

• PaulBeta
    Options

So… It looked to be related to using the Windows ASIO driver (version 5.2.0) whilst plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Seems that the device was'nt able to be powered correctly.

I changed to a USB 2.0 port on the back of my PC and device is now way more stable with no disconnecting/reconnecting issues.