Can save Kontakt Multis but not Komplete Kontrol Presets

Options
laserbeak
laserbeak Member Posts: 145 Helper

Hi,

I have my multis all nice and setup in Kontakt. To take advantage of Komplete Kontrol's Play Assist features, I loaded Kontakt up but this time in a Komplete Kontrol instance.

I can load the multi I've saved, but if I try to save it as a patch, the option to do so is grayed out.

Any Ideas?

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,119 mod
    Options

Hello,

this is correct, for some strange reason you can't save multies as kk presets.

• laserbeak
    Options

Well, that's too bad... hopefully that'll change.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    Options

Wouldn't count on it

• laserbeak
    Options

Well,

I think it would be wise, because I've just saved this multi....

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    edited April 23
    Options

That is falcon, not Kontakt and it is Kontakt that you can't directly save NKS files for, you can save the Kontakt NKI file tho

FOr any VST you can save any setup you like, just NI instruments don't actually use NKS files per-se, they use their own plugin format files that are read by KK. This is why the Save option is greyed out, you have to save it within the plugin instead of the KK save option however, unsure if KK loads the Kontakt Multi format, likely it doesn't, I never tested as I use Kontakt outside KK for anything I need multis for as it is pointless within KK for multi-setups

• laserbeak
    Options

I'm not sure I understand what your saying, but whenever I save a preset within the plugin, hosted by KK, i'm only able to recall it from the plugin, and not KK. Is this also what you were saying? An NKI is a single instrument and not a multi, right?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,119 mod
    Options

No,

It's only not possible wth kontakt, as you have shown with uvi falcon.