Traktor playlist gone ! It's like yesterday never existed...

Options
d_j_m
d_j_m Member Posts: 56 Helper

Traktor has been acting weird lately, so last night i wanted to play a quick set before i went out and wound up having to reinstall the controller editor blah and restore my traktor settings to default and then got down to business... I was liking what was happening so much that i started a playlist of the tracks i was playing.

well, today, walked in there to play around with the playlist i'd made and that playlist is GONE. The name is actually still in my favorites bar, now with a red X next to it - and it is otherwise nowhere to be found.

Any ideas here? I can't even find anything with yesterday's date on it (no settings files, etc.) - it goes straight from today (21 April) to 19 April. I KNOW I made this playlist last night lol...

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,963 mod
    edited April 22
    Options

Prior to deleting or moving anything you are encouraged to take backup of things (to another destination) in case anything goes haywire.

Otherwise I found these quotes for you ! :

Quote Markovicz here : that is no problem. Just do the following:

• Open Traktor
    • Click on Track Collection in the Browser Tree and select Import another Collection
    • Navigate to the folder Documents / Native Instruments / Traktor 3.x.x
    • Select the file Collection.nml and confirm
    • In the following dialogue, choose Collection tags

Does that work for you?

Or quote Kaiwan_NI here :

These steps provided by the support team seem to help resolve the issue.

1. Quit Traktor and disconnect the devices.
    2. Navigate to the following folder: Win: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor *x.x.x*
    3. Move the files called Traktor Settings.tsi and collection.nml onto your desktop.
    4. Restart Traktor with the setup wizard and a blank collection.
    5. Recover a track collection by following this article:

How to Restore the TRAKTOR Track Collection from a Backup

Quote 2 Kaiwan_NI here :

unfortunately if "Optimize Mac Storage" is turned on in iCloud Drive, Traktor data can be lost. It's recommended to disable iCloud completely on your Mac.

• d_j_m
    d_j_m Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

thanks! i am neurotic about backing up my music computer daily since a track collection lives on it.

I did try these first suggestions - and they restored to 4/19 - i mean it when i say it's like 4/20 never existed. It's the WEIRDEST thing. that playlist just flew off into the twilight zone :( I'm fairly certain I recreated it last night... it is what it is, I guess). I don't use a mac though but i'm neurotic about backing up

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,963 mod
    edited April 22
    Options

Well , I can't explain your experience and I am sorry but I probably will not be of much more help with it.

All I can possibly suggest is to start using some file back utility with version control that will back up files progressively every time that they change.

E.g. Try the "FreeFileSync" (available for both Windows, Mac and Linux !) , check out the File Versioning down to 3. Save versions at certain intervals ! , Also check batch jobs if necessary ! (Copy, and then rename the file to HH:MM so it doesn't get written over with the next one.) (Also there is a ten years old lengthy discussion here , don't know if of any help !) When using such tools it is very important that you do keep manual backups of at least major change editions in case there is a mishap ! For alternatives to the mentioned I would suggest that you look into similar utilities for e.g. programmers that got file version control and backup ! Sorry but this is the best that I can come up with !

P.S.

Apparently then Windows got it's own 'File History' backup , never used it and didn't know that : Backup Using Windows File History