Problem updating existing NI Kontakt 5

Options
MCBaldwin
MCBaldwin Member Posts: 7 Member
edited April 21 in Kontakt

The instructions say to download an older version of Kontakt5, but when I click on the link, it tells me that I need permission (it seems to be on Google Drive) Any ideas/.

Tagged:

Answers

• MCBaldwin
    Options

When I try to load the Player version, I get this:

I really don't want to uninstall my full version, because this workaround is so difficult, I doubt I'll be able to re-install Kontakt5.

• MCBaldwin
    Options

And trying to install after uninstall:

Quite a concept, "Contact the software manufacturer."

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,191 mod
    Options

If you are referring to downloading Kontakt 5 updates from the support updates for legacy downloads here then that only require you to log in by clicking the login at the middle of the page and use your Native Instruments log-in ! But why you want to do that escapes me unless you OS is so old that it only supports the old versions of Kontakt 5 and since the newest there is V. 5.6.6 !

Anyone can download the KONTAKT 5.8.1 (FULL+PLAYER) from the link on the Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS page (section : macOS 10.13 High Sierra) , if you have download problem log-in to Google and try again !

Otherwise then you supply next to no relevant information ! No information about what is computer type , No information about what is exact OS version , No information about what is the exact version of Kontakt 5 you want , no information about your version of Native Access..

Going with information from your profile page then computer type is Apple M2 Ultra and OS is Ventura 13.6 ? !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

Native Access Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

Legacy Installers for Native Instruments Software Products

Kontakt (Player) Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

• MCBaldwin
    Options

No, this is for a switch to a new computer, and re-install of my EW Orchestra libraries. I've got to "re-install" them for Kontakt to recognize them. First I have to "downgrade" to an earlier version of Kontakt 5. They have a process on their website, but it doesn't seem to work, or I'm doing something wrong.

• PoorFellow
    Options

Well , I am no expert on either but I can not understand why you don't even tell what version of EW you want to use and with what Kontakt version and also there is no link to the "process on their website" either ? Maybe someone else here could help you if you tried to furnish the information needed including what requested above ?

Also , I had not seen your third post above since I were composing the answer for your two first posts while you posted the third post !

Did you give the full disk access to ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon ?

Also , as for the failed installation then if you are 'tinkering' the installation manually then you ought not be surprised if there are problems !

I will call for @Jeremy_NI , to please ask the right questions here (since I apparently fail) so that he might assist !

• MCBaldwin
    Options

I appreciate your wading in quickly and trying to help, and your frustration with a couple of things... I'm frustrated myself. I tried to post a link but got this:

The page connected with the link itself says it's "an unsatisfying workaround" involving a downgrade, so I think it's not "tinkering" on my part. It's "tinkering" on their part. They say quite clearly that it's a "library specific" problem, not a problem with a particular library product (what I've got is EWQLSO---old, but it's survived many an upgrade). All I know is that the library appears, but won't function, and their fixes take me around in circles. I'm going to re-install everything and see what happens. The fact that they mention specific old MacOSs make me think the problem has long ago been resolved, but I haven't yet located that resolution.

• PoorFellow
    Options

I tried to post a link but got this:

The fact that they mention specific old MacOSs make me think the problem has long ago been resolved,

I wouldn't count on that , I have read a lot about people with problems and different Kontakt versions while trying to assist you here !

I'm going to re-install everything and see what happens.

Best of luck to you ! 🙂

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    edited April 26
    Options

@MCBaldwin I've enabled you to post links. Please links to the articles you mention.

Also, if you have a M2 mac, make sure to open Kontakt 5 in standalone, and if you use it inside a DAW, it will need to be opened in Rosetta mode. You should use the latest version of Native Access.

These products are not supported anymore but they still should be activated: Service Center and Legacy Products End of Life

I would also recommend the following:

In Native Access, in preferences make sure to tick this box:

In addition, please check this article: My EastWest Library Appears as Demo in KONTAKT (Mac)

And also this one: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

• MCBaldwin
    Options

No, this is for a switch to a new computer, and re-install of my EW Orchestra libraries. I've got to "re-install" them for Kontakt to recognize them. they have a process on their website

To Jeremy_NI,

Thanks for some very useful info. I was wondering about the DEMO debacle, too. I don’t mind buying a new item or two, but it’s good to have the old version funcional in case I want to delve into old music.

—- Mark

• MCBaldwin
    Options

I'm curious, will these problems disappear if I upgrade to Kontakt 7?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@MCBaldwin You could already try with Kontakt 7 Player, it's free!