Complete archive of Komplete 14 UCE

Options
Arthur Neeman
Arthur Neeman Member Posts: 38 Member

Hi!

For years, since I bought first NI plugin and decided that I need everything, I collected/backuped every update that Native Access downloaded. Just for rare case if I need to reinstall one of my computers and don't want to download everything again.

My path - Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition, then K13UCE, now K14UCE...

Now when I reinstall computer (it is very rare) for some NI products I cannot use latest downloaded file as an installation of product, because it is only update. So the workflow is to install main product and then update it. It means that such backup needs more space than it could be if had only up-to-date bundle. Of course before the such reinstall it is great to backup everything, but sometimes things happen accidentally.

So, is it possible to download up-to-date Komplete bundle? If not, maybe it would be a nice improvement for Native Access - "Compile User Bundle" and perform it locally on specified drive. There could be many options like filtering what to compile (libraries, fx, instrument definitions to have backward steps, etc).

Comments

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

I had a problem similar to yours.

I even went so far as to try using a technique called "replication" to allow me to do downloads from Native Access on one computer, but then be able to access that download on all of my other computers because it's using my NAS to store the downloads centrally.

But that never worked reliably.

Earlier this year, my ISP upgraded me to fiber gigabit internet, so downloading products all over again is not nearly as painful as it used to be. Seriously, I don't even break a sweat anymore. If I have multiple largish libraries to install, I might have to go make dinner while the downloads are happening, but at least I no longer have to do them at night while I'm sleeping!