Guitar Rig 4 LE, how to install presets ?

Options
dhaase
dhaase Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 19 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi, I needed to reinstall Guitar Rig 4 LE which was part of my Cakewalk Sonar X1 program from years ago. I have Guitar Rig 4 LE installed and it opens fine. But I cannot seem to get the presets loaded. How is this done?

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,937 mod
    edited April 18
    Options

Are you using stand alone version ?

If presets are older than V4 then they might not load in plugin version. Quote : Pre v4 presets won't load into the GR4 plugin, but WILL load into the standalone GR4. So what I have to do is first load the preset in the stand alone GR4, export it out to the new preset format and then load it into the VST GR4.

Else , I don't know if you can reset the GR4 Db as you can with version 5 ? : Reset the Guitar Rig 5 Database

Otherwise then I found this old manual for you ! Please notice this is not a manual supplied by N.I. but my own download from the internet !

• dhaase
    dhaase Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks PoorFellow, I must be quite the newbie with this setup. I have Guitar Rig 4 LE as part of the Cakewalk Sonar X1 program I purchased many years ago. I installed it and seems to be a standalone app on my desktop main screen. It also appears as a plugin when I open Sonar X1. But it when it opens, it is just a shell of an app/plugin. There are no presets to click on. Where would I find the presets? Is there a default file? How do I instruct GR to access the presets in that file? Thanks for your help.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,937 mod
    Options

@Jeremy_NI , sorry , I have absolutely no idea about the GR4 presets , could you please share your insight on the topic above here ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,790 mod
    Options

@dhaase This free product was discontinued years ago. I would recommend to reset the database,

1. Go to the following location:
    2. C: > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" folder is hidden on Windows. See this article for instructions to access hidden folders on Windows.
    4. Locate the Guitar Rig folder and delete it. In this example, we delete the folder for Guitar Rig 4 LE. (orsimilar)

Allso check that both Cakewalk and Guitar Rig 4 LE run as admin: How to Run a Program as an Administrator