Komplete Kontrol Serial Registration & Ticket

Options
JoeS
JoeS Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi Guys,

I've just received my brand new Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard and Native Access is not accepting the serial number. I've been around and around the endless loop of help articles which have not helped at all. Logic sees the keyboard but until I can register it, I cannot use it to access my Native Instruments stuff. I've only spent an hour on this so far and any help would be very much appreciated.

On a related topic, how to do I submit a ticket?

Many thanks,

Joe

Best Answers

• JoeS
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Guys,

UPDATE: I woke up this morning to find that NI had fixed the serial number issue with registering my S61MK3 with Native Access, so everything is working great now. Thanks for your support.

I must admit to being a little confused by the NI use of the words Komplete and Kontrol in more than one product. e.g. Komplete Kontrol, Komplete Bundle, Kontrol keyboards, Traktor Kontrol, etc. are all different products.

Anyway, my question is, if someone comes in to the studio with just their Mac laptop and has their own NI Komplete Bundle on it, can they plug my S61MK3 into their laptop. It seems like it should just work, but after my serial number experience, I fear it may not.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JoeS Glad to hear this got fixed and you can enjoy the keyboard. If you want to use the keyboard on another computer, this is how to do it: How Can I Use My Kontrol S-Series MK3 on a Different Computer?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Answers

• JoeS
    Options

UPDATE....I finally discovered how to create a support ticket using a different browser.

• PoorFellow
    edited April 17
    Options

Luckily for you then Native Instruments has just updated their Purchase and Account support so if you got a bad serial (screw ups happens !) then just contact N.I. Purchase and Account Support , probably best time to do that would be standard work hours European time !

If you have a bad serial then only support can help you fix that !

P.S. : Please read to my Support page functionality changes post here !

• JoeS
    Options

Thanks....I'm based in the USA. I actually open a support ticket under Komplete Kontrol as that's the product I'm having trouble with. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Very, very frustrating and a komplete waste of time!

I'm not sure how this works, but if I'm having to register the keyboard to my account, does this mean I can't use it with another persons Mac/account?

• PoorFellow
    Options

Very, very frustrating and a komplete waste of time!

I completely agree that the serial of course should have worked. However then mishaps do happen and since it has then it will not be a waste of time to contact N.I. support. They will get the issue fixed for you !

does this mean I can't use it with another persons Mac/account?

I am a bit confused by your question since there both is a difference between the word Mac and the word Account.

You were not specific with respect to if your "brand new Komplete Kontrol S61 keyboard" is MK2 or MK3 but it shouldn't matter since as far as I understand then all the N.I. keyboards ought to have the ability to work as a standard midi controllers, if in no other way then by attaching through the midi port, though if hardware agent software and driver installed it ought also be able to be used with Komplete Kontrol through USB ! As for the word Account then if you mean N.I. account then your N.I. software is connected with your own account and can not be used by another person. If another person have a Native Instruments account with software then I am sorry I really don't know how e.g. Native Access will respond to attaching a keyboard connected with another account !

I will have to ask @Jeremy_NI , If a person has registered a S61MK3 keyboard to own N.I. account will it then pose a problem to attach the keyboard to another persons computer with another persons N.I. account. I am thinking if the other persons N.A. and N.I. account will think it a new keyboard and try to register it when it is attached or some other problem !? Or can you just attach the keyboard to any other computer also using any other persons N.I. account and switch back and forth as you please with no problem ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@JoeS I've found your ticket and highered the priority. The serial looks legit and is not registered on any other account so it must be an issue with Native Access.

You can try again chat, it should also be available in the US and at US times. Direct link: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

Sorry about that, I hope my colleagues can fix it fast.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

@Jeremy_NI :

As I was almost in the same situation as described by PoorFellow in his last chapter above, I'd also like to get an official information on such a case, especially if the expected operation of a particular MK2 or MK3 keyboard will always work in a "foreign" NI studio & PC environment, provided the related keyboard drivers are installed there correctly. Please advise. Thanks.

• JoeS
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Guys,

UPDATE: I woke up this morning to find that NI had fixed the serial number issue with registering my S61MK3 with Native Access, so everything is working great now. Thanks for your support.

I must admit to being a little confused by the NI use of the words Komplete and Kontrol in more than one product. e.g. Komplete Kontrol, Komplete Bundle, Kontrol keyboards, Traktor Kontrol, etc. are all different products.

Anyway, my question is, if someone comes in to the studio with just their Mac laptop and has their own NI Komplete Bundle on it, can they plug my S61MK3 into their laptop. It seems like it should just work, but after my serial number experience, I fear it may not.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JoeS Glad to hear this got fixed and you can enjoy the keyboard. If you want to use the keyboard on another computer, this is how to do it: How Can I Use My Kontrol S-Series MK3 on a Different Computer?

• PoorFellow
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • JoeS
    Options

Awesome guys....thanks very much for all your help!

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options
  • JoeS
    Options

OK....on reflection of my experience, I'm curious as to why NI makes us register the serial number of the Kontrol S61MK3 with Native Access. It's certainly seems like an unnecessary step for a customer and clearly can go wrong sometimes.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 486 Pro
    Options

Who knows? But I would assume it relates to loading a hardware component versus a software component. It may be the only way they can register the hardware serial number into your account at present. They know the software serial number the moment you complete the purchase. That wouldn't be true with a keyboard you purchased from a retail vendor.