Traktor Pro 2 will not open on Windows 11 Pro

Options
Yasmine.B
Yasmine.B Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I have a license from NI for 2 devices. I installed Native Acess on the second device yesterday. When I installed Traktor Pro 2, it said "successfully installed". But when I double click on the shortcut or even in the Native Acess app, the app doesn't open. I tried reinstalling everything. It still does not work. Should I re-enter the license? I was able to install the software without entering a license. 

Can someone please help me?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is a known issue with Traktor Pro 2 from version 2.7 up with intel Ice Lake, Tiger Lake or Alder Lake CPU.

If your computer has one of those CPU, it won’t open.

If that’s the case, the only possibility (without spending and buying Traktor 3) is to install latest version compatible with those CPU, since I think NI will never fix this.

You can find a copy of Traktor Pro 2 2.6.8 here

• Yasmine.B
    Options

Hi @LostInFoundation,

Thank you for your reply.

My CPU is "11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz  2.30 GHz" and the version of Traktor Pro 2 is 2.11.3. Are there any problems with both versions?

Should I try to download the older version?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited April 22
    Options

Hi. You’re welcome 👍🏼

Checking on Intel site, your CPU gets listed as “formerly Tiger Lake”.

Other sites list it as a Tiger Lake CPU (I have no idea why Intel use “formerly”). Unluckily this means Traktor Pro 2 2.11.3 won’t start.

In that case, you should use the link in my previous post provided by NI to install TP2 2.6.8 (last version working with those CPUs)

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,767 mod
    Options

I just want to add that, if you don't need stem decks and a few other 'extras', TP2 2.6.8 is the most stable and fastest version i've ever used!

Note: Master Gain will add to Record Gain (seperated only in a later version), so if you use the internal recorder, keep your eyes on the recording levels.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

I think that version only fails at analizing big folders. Not sure how it fairs with Win11 but Win7 and Win10 are compatible 100%.

• Yasmine.B
    Options

Thanks everyone

• Yasmine.B
    Options

It worked so far!! Thanks :DDDD