Banks by prg change = great...what about multis

Options
Mark Wesse
Mark Wesse Member Posts: 46 Member
edited April 17 in Kontakt

So I have used banks sending prg from hpd20 for years...always quite solid

But

I am using multis as things develop

How can I have the same behaviour like a bank but load multis ie via prg change?

Cheers

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@Mark Wesse I have not tried this but since instrumens in multis usually have their own MIDI channel, if there's a possibility to add the MIDI channel to the program change on the hpd20 that could work.

• Mark Wesse
    edited April 19
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI

Thats not really the issue so Ill add a bit more info (and HPD send a single prg only...I dont want spend any more complexity if possibley)

The HPD hardware has presets from 21-40 reserved for kontakt instruments (as KSP allows using the positional data from the pads to create very playable instruments unlike plain pads or keys and I have previously played a real hang)

Atm, I was just using a handful of Hand pans that use the controllers on HPD to switch key/modes etc

This all happens very quickly and is almost transparent

So Im simply dialing through the presets on the HPD and its all good.

However now, instead of just an instrument, I have layers that are part of a song setup

So the actual ideal operation where a multi can be used, as slots in a bank, where a name (eg song name) can be easily selected and loaded with a program change in the same way it is now. Is there any way to simply do this?

IF Kore was still a thing it would be ridiculously easy as whole parent child heirarchies could be loaded as single 'sounds' and configured with a single program change including modulating across multiple engines...that thing was an absolute masterpiece...pity very few people got it...or play(ed) live to actually require it.

Cheers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@Mark Wesse Sorry then, I'm not familiar with HPD, I just thought it might be helpful. Hopefully another user can help.

• Mark Wesse
    Options

So strange that no one else has the issue for live playing even just on keys. Komplete control doesn't allow layering either

Cheers