Kontrol Mk3 Recording contact paramater changes

Options
Joshua_Conway
Joshua_Conway Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hey all!

I'm absolutely loving my new S88 MK3, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to record parameter changes with the pre-mapped knobs when using Kontakt 7. The changes register in the performance but the actual automation data doesn't get laid down in Logic. Anything that I am missing here?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,617 Expert
    Options

Unsure of Logic but in Ableton Live it has to "learn" the controls from the plugin you wish to automate first which you usually need to click the "Configure" button for a loaded instance to then learn the controls you want.

THis now happens automatically when recording so you don't have to pre-assign and not being a Logic user, unsure if there is something similar you may have to do there.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Hey @Joshua_Conway Make sure you set your Logic instrument track to Read (vs Touch):

You can also switch from Touch to Read with the keyboard when pressing the AUTO button.

Here's a link to the Kontrol Mk3 cheat sheet: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/14348327584029

Maybe that can help. Also, there are a lot of crashes reported with the usage of Kontakt 7 and our keyboards. Onmy happens on users with MacOS SOnoma so we would recommend not to update to Sonoma and if you have already then we would recommend to use Komplete Kontrol instead of Kontakt 7 when in Logic.