Kontakt crashing my protools?

pete sallis
pete sallis Member Posts: 29 Member
edited 10:53AM in Kontakt

I have an iMac OS Monterey 12.6.6 4GH Quad Core Intel Core i7 with 32GB RAM and Kontakt 6.8 running the latest Protools 12. Something in Kontakt is making my sessions lock up and/or crash. One time it'll be this plug in and then next time a different plug in, etc...

Is there any place or way for a pro to look at the crash report to help diagnose the issue??

Also, I have an older Apogee Duet if that might be a problem?

I am now bald since I have no more hair to pull out.

Help me Obi Wan

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,829 mod

Are you able to open Kontakt 6 in standalone? CAn you load all your instruments there? Any crashes?

Have you tried these steps? Kontakt Crashes

Does that fix the issue? If not, are ll your projects crashing? Any notable event (software update) before the crashes started to happen?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod

What sound drivers is set in the Kontakt standalone and in the Protools 12 ?

• pete sallis

The standalone seems to work fine - it is just during protools that it causes a crash or a freeze with it pointing to a various Kontakt Instrument.

• Jeremy_NI

So did resetting the database as expalined in the Kontakt crash article did not help?

Which instruments? Is it crashing or freezing with all Kontakt libraries? Only some? Where are these libraries installed, on an external hard drive? What is the format of the drive?

• pete sallis

I will get this error with different Kontakt instruments - this time it is Noire. I feel like it started back a few months when PT message would pop up and say to use Kontakt 7 for instrument to work.

I will check the on resetting database now. Thanks

• pete sallis

I performed all the options under Kontakt Crashed for Mac that you suggested. We will see if that works. Thanks!

• pete sallis

I wonder if AVID or MAC could examine the Crash Report as to why it crashed? I have the report but I don't know what it says. It is super long...

• Jeremy_NI

So the crashes still happen after the database reset? Can you share the crashlogs?

1. Press COMMAND + SPACE
    2. Type Console
    3. Then you see this

1. Then you can right-click the Crashlog and click on SHOW in FINDER.
    2. Then zip the file and attach it to your post.

• pete sallis
This discussion has been closed.