Cant download ''Noire'' in Native Access

Options
Maltehuitfeldt
Maltehuitfeldt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have bought noire and got it into the program but when I try to download it (on an external usb) it always stops at 4.29gb. When I look in the USB, there is an iso file that is 4.29Gb. What is going on? Do I have to download it to my hard drive? Because I tried it first but then it said I don't have enough space. I have enough on the hard drive, but not enough on applications-memory.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

It's explained in this article: Native Access Error Message: "Installation has been prevented. You do not have enough free drive space to install the products."

Native Access needs some space on the system drive for decompression, in Native Access you can set the Download and Content location to separate folders on your external hard drive to save some space.

Also make sure that the external hard drive has the right format: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 975 Guru
    edited April 16
    Options

"Native Access needs some space on the system drive for decompression"

Actually - any payload via Native Access requires 3x the space of the actual file to be available in the target directory - in this case:

1. 4.9 GB for the original download
    2. Another 4.9 GB for the decompression process (creating temp files etc) of that original download
    3. Another 4.9 GB to hold the actual file that is finally extracted from the original download.

I know it seems like there should only be twice the space needed - but in reality - we do not go from original download to original file without a process to get us there - so three things are happening at the same time.

Payload 1 and 2 "should" quickly disappear immediately after extraction to give you that space back - but that space is still needed to get you #3

VP