Maschine download won't show up in Native Access

Options
Markland Beats
Markland Beats Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Trying to install my old Maschine MK1 on my new Mac mini. (everything worked perfect on my old Imac) I have the disc and serial number and its registered. In my NI profile on this website, I see "MASCHINE incl. Komplete Elements" under Products and Serials.. yet inside of Native Access, there is no download for Maschine. I have tried and manually download drivers but unfortunately there is no drivers for newer Mac that I can find.

The Mac mini doesn't have a CD disk so I don't know how to get it Maschine programe. All other NI software programs are working, such as Guitar Rig and Komplete Kontrol.

I have also registered the Maschine serial number in Native Access and refreshed and re-started my computer but nothing seems to work, and I can't find a Driver that works on my computer...

Tagged:

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

Unfortunately your Maschine MK1 is only supported up to MacOS 10.14 (Mojave). It won't work on newer Macs running Sonoma. There's a full compatibility list here - Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

I'm not sure why the download doesn't appear, unless Native Access is being smart and recognising you have incompatible hardware. Is your Maschine software licence for Maschine 1.x or 2.x ?

• Markland Beats
    Options

Thanks you for your answer.

So in other words, my machine that I do almost half of my music in, is now worthless :( And there is no drives or anything that can make it work?

Don't really know what to do...

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    Options

There's nothing I know of that will make a MK1 work with current versions of MacOS so your only real option is to upgrade to later hardware. You can pick up a MK2 off eBay for around £50 here in the UK including a stand/cover/software licence which might be an option?

Bear in mind that officially none of the Maschine hardware is currently supported under Sonoma, although I think that most people will have the later MK2/MK3 working or the forums would be in complete meltdown.

• Markland Beats
    Options

Youre totally right. Actually, I have already started to look for MK2/MK3, but as you mentioned, it seems like the hardware isn't (still) compatible with Sonoma. Hence I fear that I buy the MK3 and still wont get it to work. I will do some more research on the MK3 and see if it actually works without buggs and other problems! Thank you for your time and help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,769 mod
    Options

Even though the Maschine MK3 is not officially supported on Sonoma, there were no issues reported.

The software also needs to be updated, Maschine 1 will not run on current Mac systems.

Another important thing. You can only import Maschine 1 projects with Maschine up to 2.8.7 How to Import MASCHINE 1 Projects In MASCHINE 2

We would recommend to do the import with your prevous mac (if possible of course) as Maschine 2.8.7 might not sit well if your new Mac has a very recent MacOS.

• Markland Beats
    Options

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for the answer. So if I get a MK3, then this should work on my Sonima 14.4? I've read online and it seems like the latest update is totally destroying everyone's Maschine compability with Mac mini.

And another thing that I noticed is that those who have Sonoma and haven't upgraded it to 14.4 have no difficulties using the hardware but those who have upgraded (like my self) cant get the maschine hardware to start.

If it works, and I have misunderstood, please correct me and I will by the new MK3 today!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Markland Beats The Kontrol MK3 has no integration with Maschine, as you can read here: Does Kontrol S-Series MK3 Integrate with Maschine?

You can also read more about it here: Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

It might get some basic integration features in the future but If you are looking for a deeper integration with Maschine you might be better off with a MK2 keyboard.

About Maschine and Sonoma, I'm not aware of anything specific to SOnoma, if you have links that I could check, please share. If you have issues please contact support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_maschine or create a dedicated post in the forum.

• Markland Beats
    Options

Thanks Jeremy,

Not the Keyboard. I'm interested in upgrading my Maschine mk1 and buying a Maschine MK3 instead. But what I can understand from Native support forum is that people who upgraded to Sonoma 14.4 has a lot of problems with Maschine.

So my question is if the Maschine MK3 will work with Sonoma 14.4.

I also read Natives Compability with Sonoma and there is no mention regarding Maschine MK3, and I'm worried that it will not work with Logic Pro.

There is also threads in Reddit and Logic forums where people who upgraded to Sonoma 14.4 have issues with Maschine Mk3. But its over 4month old and hopefully this is just an old problem:)

So I'm hoppingivande that Maschine Mk3 works with Sonoma basically...

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Markland Beats Sorry, for some reason I brought the Kontrol MK3 keyboard in there, I need another coffee!

So, regarding the Maschine MK3, there are no known issue specific to Sonoma. The current Maschine beta supports Sonoma and the official release should come soon.

• carliii
    carliii Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

If you are running or have a way to install Sonoma 14.3.1 you should be ok. I am running 14.3.1 and refuse to upgrade after so many users comments that going to 14.4 or 14.4.1 has created many issues. My Maschine MK3 runs very well on Sonoma 14.3.1.