Kontakt Switching to Demo

Options
Mintz1
Mintz1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 10 in Native Access

Why is Kontakt all of the sudden not working? it's asking me to buy or use the demo, when I've been a paying customers for a couple of years now. ******?

It's having a MAJOR impact on my work and income, this needs to be solved ASAP! Seems like a bug on NI's end since I see it happening to some of my friends and colleagues as well.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,788 mod
    edited April 10
    Options

@Mintz1 I see you have a M1 Mac, is it the first time you've used Kontakt/Native Access on this computer? Or was it working normally before on this same system?

What version of Kontakt are you using? Kontakt 5 and 6 have been discontinued and not been updated for a long time and therefore still require Rosetta2. This is all explained in this article: GUITAR RIG 5, KONTAKT and SUPER 8 R2 Open as Demo Versions on Apple Silicon / M-Systems

If it's not Kontakt 5 or 6, do you have Kontakt 7 Full version?

K7 should run in Player mode unless you try to load an unlicensed 3rd party library, create a custom instrument, use a feature only available in the full version,...Closing K7 and opening and refreshing Native Access should switch it back into Player mode again.

Does NA switch it back successfully into Player mode (=is it listed as K7 Player in NA again)?-

Under which circumstances does it switch into demo mode? right away, when opening it in standalone mode? only when loading a specific library/instrument? only when trying to load a specific DAW project?)

Oh and yes, I edited the title to be a little more precise than "not working"

• Mintz1
    Mintz1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hey, thanks.

1. No it is not the first time I'm using it on my Macbook. I've been using it for over 2 years, same system, same studio and everything. No changes at all on my end.
    2. Runnig Kontakt 7, fully licensed and updated. I update everything weekly.
    3. No 3rd party unlicensed library. Only 3rd party library is Spitfire, and it is definitely licensed and I've been using it for a long time. I haven't changed anything at all, whatsoever. It just happened out of thin air.
    4. Native Access keeps telling me I can't even re-download K7 due to "Location invalid" issue. Again, let me stress that I did not change anything, and the location paths remain the default.
    5. It doesn't switch to Demo mode, it asks me to either buy, activate, or switch to demo mode. When trying to activate, it simply prompts me to Native Access where nothing happens and I can't re-install K7. When clicking buy it prompts to NI site. And when clicking Demo, again, nothing happens. This happens inside the DAW (tried multiple DAWs AND as a standalone).
    6. It also removed the library that was already set, which means even when this is solved, I'd need to repatch and redo a lot of work...
  • PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,154 Guru
    Options

Is anything on an external drive?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,788 mod
    Options

@Mintz1 Ok, I now see you have a support request open, where my colleagues proposed some other steps, did that work out?