Komplete Libary on external hard drive - moving to new laptop

Options
plazadefunk
plazadefunk Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi there, a while ago I bought Komplete Standard 14 and have been using it on a Mac Mini.

However I just bought a new laptop with M1 processor and would like to make that my new workstation.

My Native Library is on an external SSD - and I seem to understand it is possible to use the same hard drive for both machines.

However, when I log into Native Access on the new laptop, the system does not recognise the instruments/libraries I have already downloaded on my user account, and is giving me an option to download them all.

2 questions:

1 - am I getting something wrong and should I be able to use my Kontakt instruments/plugins without needing to download anything else?

2 - if i DID choose to download all, would it overwrite the instruments/libraries I already downloaded, potentially causing problems with my mac mini?

Thank you for any help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• E.rex
    E.rex Member Posts: 10 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

you shouldnt have to download them again, you would open the native access app and click on the little 3 dots to the right of each instrument and you should see an option for locate, then youll navigate to where the library is and link it

Answers