When I press the Keys on the Keyboard, there is no sound.

Options
Mael
Mael Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello everyone. I recently started using the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard S61 Mk 3 with my MacBook Air M3 Chip 2024. First it worked perfectly. But after 1 day my buttons for the DAW usage didn't light up anymore when I entered Ableton Live and it stayed like that ever since. I tried everything but nothing worked. Then, because that wasn't enough, before loading the Instrument I hear the preset and can choose from that, but as soon as I load it and I want to play on my keyboard there is no sound. Why can't I hear anything? I made a support ticket 3 or 4 days ago and haven't heard anything from them. I really want to use the Keyboard. I hope you can help me. Is my Keyboard broken or am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

@Mael Check on the Kontrol Mk3Is the keyboard set to MIDI 1.0? If not change it on the keyboard itself in the hardware settings:

On Mac there is an additional step:

• Select MIDI 1.0
    • Power the keyboard off
    • Go to your mac's Audi & MIDI setup, found in Applications -> Utilities
    • Delete the entry for Komplete KontrolMK3 by clicking the entry and using the delete key on your computer keyboard
    • Power the keyboard on again.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

It all sounds like the midi ports are not correctly configured in Ableton preferences. Try to go there and see if Kontrol DAW is selected

• Mael
    Options

I already did that but it still doesn't work. I put in Input and Output the DAW one. And when I first set it up, it worked then I closed everything and the next day it didn't work anymore.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited April 7
    Options

Although it should not be the case, since you say that it was already working before, check that all the involved components have full disk access

• Mael
    Options

I already did that aswell. I think it might be the keyboard because i tried it with garageband and it showed, that it was receiving signal but after i loaded the sound it was gone.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Mael What happens if you open Kontakt 7 or Komplete Kontrol in standalone? Can you load sounds and play them?

Have you given full disk access to Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol, Ableton and the Hardware Connection service?

• Mael
    Options

Yes I can load sounds but after that I don't hear any sound when I press the keys. The rest I did aswell. I think it might be the keyboard. But thanks for all of your help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

In Komplete Kontrol in standalone have you selected these inputs?

• Mael
    Options

Yes still doesn't work :/

• geiger167
    geiger167 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Have you accidently turned on midi 2.0 on in the setting, if you have change it back to midi 1.0 and it will then start to sound again

• Mael
    Options

Which settings do you mean?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 10 Answer ✓
    Options

@Mael Check on the Kontrol Mk3Is the keyboard set to MIDI 1.0? If not change it on the keyboard itself in the hardware settings:

On Mac there is an additional step:

• Select MIDI 1.0
    • Power the keyboard off
    • Go to your mac's Audi & MIDI setup, found in Applications -> Utilities
    • Delete the entry for Komplete KontrolMK3 by clicking the entry and using the delete key on your computer keyboard
    • Power the keyboard on again.

• Mael
    Options

Yes. Finally. Thank you so much. Now it is working again.