File BPM different in Traktor to exported collection tag

Options
Wils000
Wils000 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

A lot of my tracks are analysed by Traktor at 119.99 or 130.01 which I then just round up or down within the BPM field so I can filter tracks at proper tempos correctly (obviously only when it's small enough to make no difference to the grid).

I'm trying to export my collection and transfer it to Rekordbox for the first time and I'm finding that the conversion software is loading my collection and showing all the tracks I've changed to whole numbers at their original tempos, off by a decimal place.

Why isn't Traktor writing my edited tempo back to the file? I have set Traktor to write to tags in preferences and everything else is transferring correctly.

Many thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 590 Pro
    Options

My guess is that while importing, the other software analyzed the tracks again? Just a guess. I have never transfered a collection to Rekordbox.

• Wils000
    Wils000 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Using Rekord Buddy and DJ-data-converter and they don't analyse tracks, they just import/export. The issue is I want the Traktor beatgrid to be used in Rekordbox (as it's more accurate), which does get converted, but the value for the tempo field is still off.