Sustain pedal ports no longer seem to be working.

Options
stumpy_strudel
stumpy_strudel Member Posts: 8 Member

I'm reviewed both of these:

Issue occurs on either macOS or Windows. Komplete Kontrol standalone or any DAW I've tried: Studio One, Logic, REAPER.

• Anyway, I've had an s88 mk2 since about a year after they came out.
  • Always used pedal B for the sustain pedal and used this pedal from Amazon.
  • At some point last year, sustain quit working on B.
  • Spent several hours trying to get it to work and eventually just moved that pedal to A.
  • At the beginning of the year I decided I wanted a pedal with a longer cable so I got this pedal and plugged it into A.
  • Had no issues with this configuration since.
  • Yesterday, setting up a new Mac mini M2 Pro, everything was working fine.
  • I was messing around in Komplete Kontrol then the next thing I know two things happened within a second or two of one another: the sustain quit working and all of the light guides on the s88 mk2 turned red.
  • I restarted everything (computer, s88 mk2) and issue persisted but lights went back to blue.
  • Spent a few hours trying to to get sustain to work again on either A or B and nothing.

Not sure if I just clicked on something in Komplete Kontrol and not sure what to unclick or if the jacks are toast for some reason.

The issue, at least with the pedal B jack, has persist several computers and reformats of computers. Pretty sure the issue isn't with the computer or the KK software, but on the controller itself.

Best Answer

• stumpy_strudel
    Answer ✓
    Options

For whatever reason, it actually seems to be working again. 🤷

Answers

• stumpy_strudel
    Answer ✓
    Options

For whatever reason, it actually seems to be working again. 🤷