Guitar rig pro upgrade not working (Komplete Now as base product)

Options
Nickalexpoole
Nickalexpoole Member Posts: 28 Member
edited April 4 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi all, wondered if someone might be able to help. I have which ever version of guitar rig comes with Komplete now. in my native access it says that it is guitar rig 7 player. there's only 2 amps on it and no bass amps so I bought the upgrade to guitar rig 7 pro from andertons. They emailed me a code but when I type the code in, it says your account is missing the base product for this serial. I presume this means I need guitar rig 7 LE? I bought pro because I looked on the website to find out which one comes with Komplete now and it says guitar rig LE. Do I need to return this and get a different upgrade? if so, which one do I need to get the full version?

cheers

nick

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,913 mod
    edited April 4 Answer ✓
    Options

I think that the problem with Komplete Now is that you do not own the product you only rent it. So I doubt that you can upgrade a base product that you don't own, You would either have to buy the full GR product or buy a product that gave you the version needed as base (GR 7 LE ?) for the upgrade to work .

As for Komplete Now then I personally have zero interest in such a rent product but I have checked and it appears as it does indeed only come with GR LE.

The best N.I. software investment to do is buying the Komplete Standard bundle which will give you a lot of apps and expansions. However then version 14 only comes with GR 6 Pro not 7, so if you want version 7 in a bundle you will have to wait for Komplete 15. If N.I. do not upgrade the Komplete 14 bundles to version 15 before the summer sale then you maybe can get the bundle at discounted price during the sale but I doubt if there will be any discount on buying Komplete 15 immediately when that is published !

Also , always check specifications and requirements prior to buying anything !

Answers