help reinstalling all my Kontakt stuff, Mac Mini download problem

Options
d_f
d_f Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited April 5 in Kontakt

just got a new macmini, reinstalling all my Kontakt stuff, it won't let me download. any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@d_f Yes, there's a big SUPPORT button on our website. You can then submit requests through the different typeforms. There are a few suggestions there with the most common issues (the vast majority of users find a solution there) but there is always the opportunity to contact support. I don't see any requests from you regarding this issue. Please do so next time and try before assuming this kind of thing. And yes include a few more information, we're not bots but we also don't have crystal balls.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Some more info would be helpful, like how are you reinstalling? With Native Access? What's your operating system? What "won't let you download"? In what application? Any error messages? Please post screenshots if it's the case.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

If you are on Mac then here below are the standard things to check ! , as for full disk access then ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access !!! also please check firewall and if Private Relay is on then turn that off in preferences ! :

Unless that you are using a legacy OS then you are supposed to be using latest version of the Native Access for your OS ! However then some people have had issues with the two latest versions of Native Access , problem is that even if you install e.g. : NATIVE ACCESS 3.8.0

or V. 3.8.1 for Intel Mac ! (macdownload.informer.com)(can not vouch for safety) then N.A. will just auto-update at first chance it gets !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

• d_f
    Options

Thank you for your reply. It ended out fixing itself once I upgraded Kontakt. I am a little worried though about any further issues though! haha seems as there is no customer service at NI anymore, just bots ?? So I'm assuming online community is the only way to get any info when trouble shooting ??

• PoorFellow
    edited April 5
    Options

seems as there is no customer service at NI anymore, just bots ?? So I'm assuming online community is the only way to get any info when trouble shooting ??

There is support , but it requires you to click through and select correctly to get to the point where you open a ticket !! And the support is email only ! There is one customer employee attending the forum (Jeremy_NI) but he is helping with suggestions and is not directly in 'support' as such ! Also there is a couple of 'Community Admins' that in connection with the forum acts as that ('Community Admins') and mostly do not participate with other than 'community' things.

And as you have noticed then the forum to large extend is user driven though the above mentioned employees attends as described !

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@d_f Yes, there's a big SUPPORT button on our website. You can then submit requests through the different typeforms. There are a few suggestions there with the most common issues (the vast majority of users find a solution there) but there is always the opportunity to contact support. I don't see any requests from you regarding this issue. Please do so next time and try before assuming this kind of thing. And yes include a few more information, we're not bots but we also don't have crystal balls.

• d_f
    Options

Thank you guys for the replies! Looks like this is the place to go. It's all worked out so far so no more troubleshooting at this time. Everything just seemed to work out. Just got Spitfire symphony though... let's see how that goes haha

• PoorFellow
    Options

And thank you for returning and confirming that you had the issue resolved !

• d_f
    Options

I'm new to NI. I am on a Mac Mini M2 chip with 16g of RAM running
    Sonoma. All the software is the most updated version. I was wondering if
    there is a way to get the instruments to load faster. I have the Abbey
    Road Drummer bundle and it takes about a minute to load a kit. I looked
    online and heard that if you used batch resave then instruments will
    load faster, and they did, but when I restart the Mac they fell back to
    normal loading. Is there a way to get the instruments to load faster?
    Seems like batch resave is for missing content, not making the
    instruments load faster.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@d_f Did you install your Kontakt libraries on an external hard drive? What format is that drive? It should be APFS: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers

Also check that Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol and your DAW all have full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS