Is it normal that 'Piano Colors' is quite a bit harder on the PC to run?

Options
Guitarbinge86
Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 47 Member

I know certain 'VST's' are harder on the PC(CPU,ram,disk...). The "sessions guitarist's" are harder than many others. I only tried using 'Piano Colors' a couple times, and it may have been a coincidence, but is it known to be quite a bit harder on the PC?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,744 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, some libraries have more samples and use more RAM, some will use effects that are heavy on the CPU. here are some tips to optimize performance on Kontakt: How Can I Optimize the Performance of Kontakt?

• Guitarbinge86
    Guitarbinge86 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks for sending the link and the help. That's what I was thinking. Luckily w/ how my PC is built and optimized, I'm able to keep the CPU & Ram always quite low; even during a VST boot-up. It's just the disk that jumps up to 100% sometimes, but at least it's on some VST's and only for a split-second... One day, I'll get a better drive. The current one is an SSD, connected by 'SATA'. For now, I hope it lasts a long time b/c I've put so many hours into installing all my content, samples, projects and pointing everything to that drive.... I need to think of the best way to back up that drive. The software's and VST's (not their content) are all on the other, main C: drive, which is an SSD NVME 2.0 connected to the motherboard.