Downloads in N.A. failing

Options
Mollypuppydawg
Mollypuppydawg Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 31 in Native Access

I was aked to update Native Access recently, which obviously I did. When I next opened my projects and loaded Komplete and Komplete Kontrol I was presented with a splash screen inviting me to A) Run Demo B) Buy Komplete C) Activate.

As an existing user with A full licence I chose activate and duly resubmitted my licence details. It proceeesed and accepted my licence, but would still not allow me to load the full version of Kontact, resorting back to the aforementioned "run Demo" etc splash screen every time I opened Kontact. It was as if the NI software wasn't recognising my licence.

After many frusttrating hours getting nowhere I reinstalled from an earlier backup on my sddystem. Didn't work. I then downloaded and ran the NI uninstall reg tool and took my installation back to scratch. Now when I run Native access it shows I have all the purchased applications and instruments in my library, but when I try to down load any I get the fault "Download Failed", and this using the default installation paths that Natice Access recommends.

I am at my wits end. Nothing related to NI works anymore, despite me having poaid for full Kontakt licence and having an S88 Komplete Kontrol keyboard.

Can anyone provide any info / help regarding this problem ?

With thanks Molly

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    Options

First of all then to install and download you will need administrative access to all chose folder locations and you will need enough space both on Download location , and on temp space on system drive and on install Content location !

Also if having problems of the kind described then always run Native Access as an Administrator !

Since more of the following is not something that would suddenly change then some of the following is mainly suggested because you write that you have used a backup !

Also check the Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

Add Native Access in the Allow an app to access controlled folders

Else : With the number of possible existing problem that you could have been hit by then I am more or less inclined to just tell you to contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support right away. Some people have been hit by an issue related to once having had a Komplete Now subscription now cancelled , orders hit by diverse problems with the two latest version of Native Access (and downgrading really doesn't do much to help , especially in a case like yours since N.A. just auto-updates) and some have been hit by other types of problems.

If you want then you could however still try a more thorough removal of N.A. to see if that makes any difference !

This is assuming that you are on Windows 11 as your profile says and that you know how to show system files and hidden files in Windows explorer !

First then look in Native Access what is your download location in N.A. , then exit Native Access (no need to log out)

Then go to the download location, in the download location delete all old download download files

Then download Newest N.A. from here

Then uninstall Native Access from your computer !

Then delete the NativeAccess XML and offending Kontakt XML found in the directory : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Then (if still there) delete the whole Native Access directory located at : C:\Users\[YOUR User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Native Instruments\Native Access

Reboot computer ,

Then run the downloaded N.A. installer as an Admin and approve/allow it to do it's setup ! (the above did not include removal of your NTKDaemon which ought not matter in this case)

By now N.A. ought to be started and logged in , but else then run the N.A. app as an Admin and log in.

If problem still persists then contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support , When you have made a ticket then you should get an email with a confirmation which may take e.g. 10 minutes to arrive (please also check spam folder). After receiving email confirmation then please allow support up to a week to answer and if they do not respond within a week then politely update your ticket to let support know that you are still waiting for a response ! Also N.I. support do not work in the weekend or holidays as is now !

• Mollypuppydawg
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. I have gone through each and every one of your suggestions over the last 2 hours but problem still persists. So, as you sugessted I will email Native support.

Many thanks for yor assistance though.

Molly

• Mollypuppydawg
    Options

Hi Poor Fellow. Sorry to be a pain but that link you put up for support staff / ticket simply circles continuosly back to the community. I've looked at several ways to contact native support staff in person but none work. Do they actually provide support or do we just have to rely on each other in the community ?

Please advise

many thanks

Molly

• Mollypuppydawg
    Options

Regarding the above issue. It's been 5 weeks now since my Kontakt crashed on me and still no resolution to the problem. Customer services sent me a diagnostic file to run on my system which I duly did and sent back to them. Not heard a thing from them since !!! And that was over 2 weeks ago !!!.

Furthermore, Kontakt is no longer recognizing my fully paid for licences. All the software has reverted to the demo versions asking me to run as demo, buy, or activate. When I activate using my serial numbers it has no effect whatsoever.

I repeat my earlier observation, why have I paid a fortune for software licences, an S88 keyboard, and an MK32 keyboard when the software to run them doesn't work, and the support is nothing short of abysmal. Is anyone else having these issues ? If so, please let me know how you got around the problems.

I can't really afford to transfer to a new platform, like Arturia, but it may well be a case of cutting my losses and accepting the inevitable by doing so.

A very, very unhappy N.I. customer.

Ian C