Why can I not use the Tap Tempo or Quantize buttons in garage band?

ZanesDaddy73
ZanesDaddy73 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello I just got the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 and I have a question.

Why can I not use the Tap Tempo or Quantize buttons in garage band on my MK2? The backlight is not off. I can record and stop my track ...I can use the scroll wheel just fine.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

I see that you have a M1 computer. If you want to use our keyboard and plug-ins you need to run Logic in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

You also need to allow Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

After that when hitting the TEMPO button you should get this message:

Can you quantise a midi clip now and tap tempo ?

• ZanesDaddy73
    edited May 2022

Unfortunately this did not work. I did like you told me and enabled Rosetta.

When I try to open GarageBand I get this message now:

"The file couldn’t be opened because it isn’t in the correct format."

GarageBand then opens I am assuming in regular mode and not Rosetta because tap tempo still does not work.

• Jeremy_NI

Does that happen if you select an empty project ? Or does the message comes before that screen ? Can you post a screenshot of that message ?

• ZanesDaddy73

Ok I re-installed my OS and then a fresh install of GarageBand. Now it lets me open it in Rosetta mode....But I hit the Tempo button and nothing happens?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2022

Ok, so now Quantize works.

For the tap tempo, after checking it out, it seems that there isn't any real tap tempo function in GarageBand. The only tap tempo option available is before creating a new project. Unfortunately then the keyboard functions are not yet active, so in the end that means no tap tempo from the keyboard.