Kontakt is not loading samples until they're played.

2»

Answers

• SAD
    SAD Member Posts: 35 Member

Hey!

Sorry, I didn't mean you, or even Jeremy, but this support system is clearly set up by a company that knows they've got a good bottleneck going with VSTs. It's so painful because if they had some kind of phone support this would have been fixed weeks ago.

You've got a good idea with that video, but the second part is not working for some reason, and I'm too exhausted by all this to begin a new troubleshooting process. I will begin fixing this one by one. Is NI planning on fixing this?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@SAD I'm not sure what you mean about which thing we're planning to fix.

I can see a confusion in this thread between "Relocate All" and "Locate All" @PoorFellow

Relocate All is possible, meaning, if you want to move your content on a computer where it was already installed on/with.

As opposed to the "locate" function you can use when installing your libraries on a new computer without having to download them again, and here there is no "locate all" function yet.

I assume that in your case, it's the relocate all you need since it's already installed.

Now, regarding this specific issue, I don't see how this could be resolved by phone, as the specific issue you are reporting here is pretty weird and uncommon. I see you have a few tickets open, I created a ticket last Tuesday and asked you for a support tool result so we can check what could be wrong on your system. You didn't reply to that.

Thanks for the APFS thing, now it's clear this is not the issue and we can focus on the rest. We've exhausted what can be done on the forum and we just need some info on your system.

• SAD

Jeremy if you genuinely the tickets where you get one email every 24 hours is comparably effective to a phone call there's nothing I can say to change your mind.

The button you're pointing to does not exist for me:

• SAD
    edited April 4

Ok. I have now done all the work for a fresh install and the problem persists. Somehow I'm better off on a 2017 mac than this new fancy one. What info do you guys need to identify the issue? We're still jumping to 100% disk use at times and a lot of my instruments just never load up.

• Jeremy_NI

@SAD Your Native Access looks like nothing is installed at all, did you install any of them on this new computer and how? What does it show when you select the "installed" section? If nothing is installed, then there's no relocate button. If Native Access does not see the libraries installed then Kontakt won't see these libraries either. If it's a Native Access issue, I will forward it to my colleagues but @SADas I said already, to this point we need the result of the support tool so we can see what's wrong in your system. Then we can move on, thank you.

• SAD

I'm also noticing something called "AUHostingCompatibilityService (Logic Pro)" that's red and not responding in activity monitor (memory). I'm convinced it's related.

• SAD

Ah! Forgot about the support tool. Just getting off the phone with apple to cover bases. I will circle back to that and others later.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

I believe the issue was solved thanks to one of my colleagues from support.

This discussion has been closed.