Issues with Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1 in Ableton Live10

Options
Joshi 78
Joshi 78 Member Posts: 6 Member

Since the new update Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1. Ableton Live project crashes, if it includes an instance of Komplete Kontrol - but only if I click on the specific track or try to delete it. As long as I don`t touch the track which includes Komplete Kontrol, everything works fine.

Dear Community...Does anyone has a good advice for me?

Thanks;)

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,627 Expert
    Options

Best advice would be, if you do not own an MK3 keyboard, just roll back to the v2 and stay on that until you can do a more carefully controlled test.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 613 Pro
    Options

I think the best idea would be to see if somebody else can reproduce the problem. Only roll back if you have work to do and it can't wait.

• Joshi 78
    Options

Hi Jester, thank you for your reply! Do you mean I should go back to version 2. something? I have seen a download-link inside the forum but I really don`t know how to manage this? Do I first have to delete Komplete Kontrol inside Native Access and then somehow implement the older version into it? Or doesnt this work inside Native Access? Sorry might be a dumb question - I`m not a computer guy😬

Thanks mate

• Joshi 78
    Options

Hi BIF, thank you for you reply.....do you mean by saying "if somebody else can reproduce the problem" I should wait until there`s a new update from Native Instruments which solves the problem?

Thank you dude!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    Options

@Joshi 78 Unfortunately I don't have Live 10 to check. Can you tell us your operating system you're on to see if one of my colleagues (or someone in the community) can reproduce the issue. Are you using the VST3 version or AU version (only relevant if you're on Mac)

What version of Komplete Kontrol were you using before 3.2.1?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    Options

@JesterMgee we know you're not a big fan of Komplete Kontrol 3.xx and you have every right to have your opinion but in this case it's not really helpful to the OP, especially without asking if he was using version 2.9 before or 3.1, which makes a little difference. It brings more confusion than anything.

• JesterMgee
    edited March 28
    Options

Think you are the one confusing things by not reading what the OP actually wrote. Literally the first words in his statement are:

Since the new update Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1. 

Based on the sheer number of emails I personally get on this same issue, I assume he is using v2 and updated to V3 likely because Native Access forces you to without warning.

And yes, due to many issues and the fact you guys screwed up the browser side of the software (98% of what we use it for) and so far, taken almost nothing we have suggested in 10 years as input for features why would I be suggesting to stick with something that is less efficient, less usable all round and more memory intensive if it creates issues? I can't really see any benefit to V3 for an MK2 owner if it causes problems so my logic (not opinion but that also matches) is to roll back.

This is why I just dont waste my time here anymore, will leave support to mods.

• JesterMgee
    Options

We know you don't have time to sit endlessly and wait for someone to confirm the issue so yes, my suggestion was based NOT on my opinion but on the support I have done for MANY users where v3.x of KK has either screwed up projects or ruined workflow and based on the fact that you said the issue was after you updated to v34, seems pretty logical to roll back to V2 and see if the issue is resolved.

There is not much in the way of features to update to V3 for and choice is yours but if you value something that is stable and reliable and has worked for you for years, just stick with what works seems like the logical option.

• Joshi 78
    Options

Hi Jeremy…thanks for your reply. I`m on Windows 10 and since I update regularly the last Komplete Kontrol Version which worked should have been 3.2.0.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 497 Pro
    edited March 29
    Options

What version of Ableton are you on? I'm on Ableton Live 11 Standard (11.3.21) and am having no problems with Komplete Kontrol 3.2.1. You might want to check the project itself to see if it's trying to use an older version of KK, Kontakt, etc. You may need to update those references.

• Joshi 78
    Options

Dude first of all thank you for trying to help me. I think I will stick to your advice and downgrade to v2. This at least would give me the opportunity to delete ( or replace ) the instance of Komplete Kontrol without causing a crash. But still I don`t know how to manage the downgrade process - seems a bit complicating, at least for me

• Joshi 78
    Options

Hey…I use Ableton 10 Suite(10.1.43) and I keep Native Access always up to date. I think the problem is that older projects include an instance of Komplete Kontrol with Vst2, which isn`t supported anymore since the update?? That wouldn`t bother me that much - I would simply replace it with the new Vst 3 Komplete Kontrol and I`m fine…but that doesnt work, while everytime I just click on the specific track Ableton immediately crashes.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 497 Pro
    Options

That's the main reason I got rid of all my older Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol so that I'm only using the VST3 versions. The VST2 stuff is only supported on the older Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol versions, but the new VST3 libraries will work fine on the MK2 and MK3 keyboards with the updated Kontakt and KK. I just simply replaced the older Kontakt and KK instances in my older projects with the updated Kontakt and KK and everything works fine on both of my keyboards.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Since you are on Windows the process is simple.

Uninstall KK V3 using the add./remove programs feature ow Windows.

Download and install the v2.9 from here:

Launch standalone, wait for the full plugin scan, check that your VST2 paths are set correct, that should be it.

Likely this will have everything working again and likely, the issue is VST2 plugins that need to be updated to VST3, although VST2 should still work in the new KK, from my experience assisting a lot of users with the same kind of problem, it doesn't and usually there are no signs of what the issue is or where to even start. Quick fix if you value stability over troubleshooting is to just use KK V2 since it usually works for all past projects just fine.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,807 mod
    edited March 30
    Options

This is really the important point, if this is a bug then it needs to be tracked down and the only way to do that is to see what systems it occurs on, and under what set of circumstances, and also if there are any exceptions. Just uninstalling it and installing the earlier version is an understandable reaction in terms of getting stuff done, but unfortunately it will mean if there is a bug it probably isn't going to get fixed until someone else encounters it now and we go through this again.

This is why it is better to work with support to troubleshoot a problem like this - for the ultimate benefit of the whole community