Komplete Kontrol is not showing in Pro Tools, Mac , S-Series MK3

Options
JPRWP
JPRWP Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 27 in Komplete Kontrol

Just got a new NK3 and Komplete Kontrol is not showing in Pro Tools 2024.3. Everything is up to date I have an M2 Max Studio and I have OS Catalina 14.1.1 I really want to take advantage of the Play assist feature but I can't without Komplete Kontrol it seems

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,846 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quote : "Just got a new NK3"

NK3 ? , did you mean a Kontrol S-Series MK3 keyboard ?

Did you do the N.I. Mac standard routine ? Granting full disk access to ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• JPRWP
    Answer ✓
    Options

I actually solved the problem. The keyboard was working with NI I just had to add the Komplete Kontrol App to the Full Disk Access manually. the second I did that Komplete Kontrol showed up in my Plugin List. Thank you for the assist though!

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,846 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Quote : "Just got a new NK3"

NK3 ? , did you mean a Kontrol S-Series MK3 keyboard ?

Did you do the N.I. Mac standard routine ? Granting full disk access to ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• JPRWP
    Options

Sorry LOL! yeah I meant The S-Series MK3 So I turned on the NTKDaemon but none of my other NI Apps are even showing up any Full Disk Access Section. Only the NTKDaemon. I know I installed the Apps because I see them in my Native Access and I can open Komplete Kontrol as a standalone.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@JPRWP One important thing if you want to use ProTools with the Kontrol MK3. Make sure that you select MIDI 1.0 on your keyboard, as MIDI 2.0 is not supported in ProTools:

Since you're on Mac, you'll need to delete hte Kontrol MK3 entry in your mac's audio and midi setup before switching the keyboard on again.

• JPRWP
    Answer ✓
    Options

I actually solved the problem. The keyboard was working with NI I just had to add the Komplete Kontrol App to the Full Disk Access manually. the second I did that Komplete Kontrol showed up in my Plugin List. Thank you for the assist though!