How to change and store the Midi channel for the Pedal when creating Templates for A61

Options
EJJ
EJJ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited April 2 in Komplete Kontrol

Can a moderator pipe in and comment if a new software version is available to allow us to change and store the Midi channel for the Pedal when creating Templates. If not, THIS IS MAJOR ISSUE !

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,913 mod
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as there's no need for several threads for the same issue.

Answers

• EJJ
    EJJ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

Mods

Ok, so I can see the problem. Now the question is can this be fixed in the .dat Template file or am I wasting my time.

I can see the Komplete Kontrol AM.dat file that contains the templates. When I open the file with a text editor I can see the Midi channel declarations in the Template for the knobs and keys - this is great and I can assign midi channels for the keys in my templates to allow midi channel changes.

BUT, the pedal is defined in the template file as a "Global" value - which I assume means that the settings apply across all Templates. I can not think of any reason why the sustain pedal should not follow the keybed midi channel.

So given this observation, is it possible to make the pedal parameters (at least midi channel) properties of the individual Template and not Global ?

If this is hardcoded into your Template interpreter inside KK then I will stop and wait for an update. If there is something I can do I will asap as this problem makes the A61 keys kind of useless as a midi controller.

Please advise so I don't waste any more time trying to hack your Templates.

Cheers

EJJ

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,225 mod
    edited March 31
    Options

Please refrain from opening more threads on the exact same subject !
    Besides that then your discussions here clearly expresses that you have misunderstood more things !
    First of all then 'Moderators', such as e.g. I, are not staff here ! I am not an N.I. employee, also I have no say with respect to anything N.I. policy, I am another user here given Moderator powers !Secondly , this forum actually do have a N.I. 'Customer Care' employee attending who is not in 'support' but to some extend 'liaise'. However then neither this 'Customer Care' person nor support works neither weekends nor on holidays and some European countries then the holidays started the 28th and in Germany , which is officially where N.I. resides then the holidays started the 29th , meaning that at the moment then the 'one man staff' is not here.

Since you are clearly asking for a comment from N.I. both here and in your other thread here , then I will call for @Jeremy_NI and ask if he could please take a look at the above !? Jeremy_NI will not be here before Tuesday or later !

(I will leave it to Jeremy_NI to close this or the other thread as he decides !)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,913 mod
    edited April 2 Answer ✓
    Options

Closing this thread as there's no need for several threads for the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.