Why is my modwheel putting out CC 14?

Options
Panso
Panso Member Posts: 9 Member

It's doing the same as the leftmost control-knob. I think it should put out CC 1 but i can't find a way to change it. (Komplete Kontrol s61)

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Panso Ok, that's pretty weird it happens also in standalone. CC1/modulation wheel is not assignable on our keyboards. Maybe some other knob or button has an assignment to MIDI CC1 and that could cause a conflict. Can you check MIDI assignments when the keyboard is connected and also disconnected.

First, with the keyboard connected:

Check if CC1 is assigned to any of the knobs, buttons, touchstrip or pedal.

Now with the keyboard disconnected:

Is there a CC1 assignment in there, if you delete all the assignments, does that fix the issue?

If this is still happening, can you check with MIDI monitor what's showing when you're touching the modwheel (without any music or audio software on, even the Komplete Kontrol app? How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Panso Is it a MK1, MK2 or MK3?

How do you witness that and in what context? Komplete Kontrol in standalone, in a DAW? What DAW?

• Panso
    Options

It's a MK2. I'm using Komplete kontrol in reaper, but it also happens in standalone. It was fine about 1 or 2 months ago. Now when I load any instrument (e.g. Massive X, analog dreams, Noire...) the mod wheel only changes the value for the knob on the left side and not the value it's supposed to change.

Thx for responding so quickly, jeremy

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Panso Ok, that's pretty weird it happens also in standalone. CC1/modulation wheel is not assignable on our keyboards. Maybe some other knob or button has an assignment to MIDI CC1 and that could cause a conflict. Can you check MIDI assignments when the keyboard is connected and also disconnected.

First, with the keyboard connected:

Check if CC1 is assigned to any of the knobs, buttons, touchstrip or pedal.

Now with the keyboard disconnected:

Is there a CC1 assignment in there, if you delete all the assignments, does that fix the issue?

If this is still happening, can you check with MIDI monitor what's showing when you're touching the modwheel (without any music or audio software on, even the Komplete Kontrol app? How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

• Panso
    Options

I deleted the midi assignments and it works! (I'm still getting the hang of this...)

Thank you so much, you've been a huge help!