Why won't the updated Komplete Kontrol software load instruments from older projects?

Options
Ben Venesoen
Ben Venesoen Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi, I'm a sounddesigner for radio. From time to time I have to load older projects to update sounddesign i did earlier. And because I have to work fast, I don't always think about bouncing all my instruments. Today I opened up a project I worked on two years ago. And Komplete Kontrol doesn't load the instruments anymore. And I have forgotten which instruments I used. Is there a way to get komplete kontrol load these instruments again? Otherwise I have start searching for sounds all over again. That would cost me a lot of time. And there is no way I could find the exact sounds again.

I would be grateful for any advise.

Regards

Ben

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

Does the Komplete Kontrol plugin not load the instruments, or does the KK plugin not load?

If it's the latter and you recently upgraded from Komplete Kontrol 2 to the new version of KK3 and were using the VST2 version of KK that's the problem as KK3 doesn't support VST2. If you don't have one of the new MK3 keyboards you can uninstall KK3, reinstall KK2 and things should work again.

You can download the last version of KK2 here - Komplete Kontrol Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

If the issue is that KK is loading correctly but not loading the instruments that's a different problem. If so, can you provide more details of your OS and versions of NI software that you have installed.

• Ben Venesoen
    Options

KK is loading correctly. It's the instruments that won't load.

I'm running windows 10

I always keep my NI software up to date. Last week was the last time I ran NI acces.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,759 mod
    Options

What instruments are not loading- plugins or libraries?

• Ben Venesoen
    edited March 25
    Options

That's part of the problem. I don't remember which instruments where in there. It's been two years since i've opened this project. But I can tell you it's more than one. It's all the instruments I used in the project. And I saw the same thing in other projects. It's pads, could have been arturia synths. or slate & ash stuff in Kontakt. Drums, maybe drum lab. effects, it could have been kinetic toys or lo fi glow.

And I can load them again, that's not the problem. The problem is that what I have chosen before is lost.

I started noticing this problem after the big komplete kontrol update.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 948 Guru
    Options

@Ben Venesoen

"I started noticing this problem after the big komplete kontrol update."

This is your issue. If you had Komplete Kontrol v2 in place - the "new" KKV3 that you may have seen in Native Access - is definitely NOT an upgrade - it is a direct replacement and can wreak havoc on older projects - specifically if those projects used the older VST2 plugins.

If you want to get back to sanity quickly - suggest you get a copy of Komplete Kontrol v2.9.6 and remove KKv3.

KKv3 is only a requirement if you own a new S-Series MKIII keyboard. KKv3 will also work with MKII keyboards as well - but right now it's functionality is not as complete as using KK v2.9.6

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited March 28
    Options

You might want to get in touch with support: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

• Ben Venesoen
    Options

Yes, I think so to. Because it seems to be a general problem. Komplete Kontrol 3 won't load any of the instruments in my older projects. Thank you for the link.