Pigments encoders jumping and stuttering values when used through Komplete Kontrol

Options
Midi Cece
Midi Cece Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

When I use Komplete Kontrol with Native Instruments Synths I don’t have an issue when I turn the encoders of my S61.  However if I run Pigments through Komplete Kontrol and turn the encoders on my S61 MK3 the values stutter and jump in increments instead of changing smoothly.  The values also jump if I use my mouse while running Pigments through Komplete Kontrol.  If I load Pigments without using Komplete Kontrol and I map a knob then the values change smoothly with the S61 MK3 but that sort of defeats the purpose of having this keyboard.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    edited March 24
    Options

Not seeing this with my MkII, even using KK3.2. In fact I recently made a comprehensive template for Pigments and use it all the time so it would have been very noticeable if params were jumping around. Either this is a MkIII issue, or you have some other MIDI source affecting things perhaps, or something else on your system?

What is your system?

• Midi Cece
    Options

I'm using Windows 10, Intel i7, 64 GB Ram, Ableton 12. It stutters even with the S61 keyboard turned off if I just turn a knob with the mouse while using Pigments through Komplete Kontrol VST in Ableton. I just tried Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode and I get the same results. I also notice that the graphics like the lfos and the filter start to stutter as well when i turn a knob but once I stop turning a knob they go back to normal.

• Kymeia
    Options

I’m on Mac, maybe this is happening just on Windows? Anyone else experiencing this?

I presume you are using the latest Pigments?

• Midi Cece
    Options

Yeah everything is up to date. I'd really like to be able to use Pigments with Komplete Kontrol. It was one of the major selling points for me.

• Kymeia
    Options

All I can say is if it works for me then it should be possible - hopefully it will be possible to track down the source of the glitches - maybe ask Arturia support too?

• Midi Cece
    Options

Hadn't thought of that. Good call.

• Kymeia
    Options

I've also passed it on to the Pigments dev team