Audio 8 DJ & Multicore timecode

Options
Dannytehe
Dannytehe Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Hi !, I have bought a used Audio 8 DJ, I have the Windows 10 (x64) operating system, using the multicore and timecode cables in Traktor 2 scratch pro I receive a very low signal and I cannot calibrate correctly, I have all the correct configuration, correct cable connections and I use everything necessary. I I have tried doing the same using an Audio 6 mk1 using normal rca cables and I receive a good signal to calibrate timecode.

I have looked to see if there are Audio 8 DJ drivers available for my Windows 10 operating system and there are none available for download, there are only up to Windows 8

My question is: is it possible that I am not receiving the correct signal for timecode due to incompatibility with my operating system?, where can I find drivers for Windows 10 (x64)?, I hope you can help me please, thank you, regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• Heboracing2
    Heboracing2 Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Audio 8 is not longer supoorted from Ni. Switch to an audio 6 or 10 with MK2 Timecode Signal

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,408 Expert
    Options

The audio 8 should still work on windows, even though it's no longer supported.

Is the pre-amp on?

• Dannytehe
    Options

I have tried connecting the cables from my turntable directly to the audio 8 and it calibrates well, it seems that the multicore cables are in bad condition (I am surprised that they both fail) or the problem may be that the latest version of the audio 8 driver is not compatible for multicore cables in Windows 10

• lord-carlos
    Options

I don't know how exactly it works, but the input mode toggle has to be set to DVS vinyl, and not line level. If the light on the top is yellow it means it's set to CD/Line mode. Orange is phono mode, and green is timecode vinyl mode. You want green. That will boost the signal by +18 dB

Also only channel 1,2 and 3,4 support phono if I understand the manual right.

• Dannytehe
    Options

So I have it configured, I put it on phono and on vinyl control and there is no good signal and it does not calibrate

• lord-carlos
    Options

Is there a difference in signal strength you see in traktor between phono and vinyl control mode? The little bar that shows up in input routing.

And can you share a screenshot of the scope?

• Dannytehe
    Options

there is no difference between phono and “control vinyl”, low signal in both.

I have followed the steps in this tutorial to make the connections of my multicore cable, I have done everything correctly:

• lord-carlos
    Options

Almost looks like no input at all.

• Dannytehe
    Options

I have followed the steps in this tutorial to make the connections of my multicore cable, I have done everything correctly:

is possible multicore cables may be in bad condition

• lord-carlos
    Options

Maybe. Just try with regular cables?

• Dannytehe
    Options

With normal cables everything works correctly, but I want to use multicore cables

• lord-carlos
    Options

It works with regular cables and a8?

Well then we know the interface and software is working.

Maybe you connected them wrong?

• Dannytehe
    Options

The cables are well connected: the “mixer line in” cable in “line in” of my mixer, the “mixer t t/cd” cable in “phono in” of my mixer, the “audio 8 DJ input” cable in “In channel A” of audio 8, the “audio 8 output” cable in “out channel A”, all this repeated with the second turntable.

• Dannytehe
    Options

Works with normal cables and a8, yes