Eastwest - opus libraries not visible on Komplete Kontrol

crain
crain Member Posts: 4 Member
edited 9:19AM in Komplete Kontrol

Sorry to ask about this again because it's been discussed many times. I can't get Komplete Kontrol to show East West libraries. It's not showing any. I've followed all the steps, downloaded the East West NKS patch, restarted Komplete Kontrol software, made sure all libraries are located properly, etc... but no luck. Any advice, please?

Best Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod
    edited March 23 Answer ✓

Have you tried resetting the Komplete Kontrol database? If not give that a try. The instructions are here :

Windows - Komplete Kontrol Error Message: "Loading Issue. Could not load Plug-in." (Windows) – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Mac - Komplete Kontrol Error: "Could not load Plug-in." (Mac) – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Those links cover a few different problems, you need to scroll down to the section labelled "Reset the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database". When you restart KK after deleting the database file it can take a while to completely rescan the libraries and there's no indication on the main screen that it's happening, so be patient :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,157 mod
    edited March 24 Answer ✓

Since that you have changed the original locations then it can be hard to pinpoint any problem.

However , in the EastWest Installation Center then if you moved libraries then you should maybe use either 'Locate' (as you have done) or 'Locate and Reinstall' . But if you moved something not library , like OPUS Software or plugins then you maybe would have to do a uninstall followed buy a re-install . Anyway , after that has been done then run the "NKS Support for Opus" installer ! (Win / Mac) . I have no idea if there could be some difference in support for different versions of OPUS software for that you will have to ask EastWest, but notice the "Note: NKS support for Opus and Play 6 can’t be installed at the same time. NKS Support for Opus deinstalls NKS Support for Play 6" .

And if the above and the "Reset the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database" referred to by Mykejb does not work then I wouldn't know what else to suggest !

However , one thing , and I can not understand why nobody here finds that of importance. : We no idea what is your computer type , OS , or versions of any software and all this adds a lot of potential problems that you might have had to address , especially if you are on Mac and haven't cared to check all the Mac settings stuff , or if you use outdated software , e.g. Native Access and Komplete Kontrol !

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod
    edited March 23 Answer ✓

Have you tried resetting the Komplete Kontrol database? If not give that a try. The instructions are here :

Windows - Komplete Kontrol Error Message: "Loading Issue. Could not load Plug-in." (Windows) – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Mac - Komplete Kontrol Error: "Could not load Plug-in." (Mac) – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

Those links cover a few different problems, you need to scroll down to the section labelled "Reset the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database". When you restart KK after deleting the database file it can take a while to completely rescan the libraries and there's no indication on the main screen that it's happening, so be patient :)

• crain

Thanks mykejb just tried but didn´t work. I have changed the original location of the eastwest libraries. Maybe that is the reason? In any case I have relocated everything through eastwest software.

• PoorFellow
    edited March 24 Answer ✓

Since that you have changed the original locations then it can be hard to pinpoint any problem.

However , in the EastWest Installation Center then if you moved libraries then you should maybe use either 'Locate' (as you have done) or 'Locate and Reinstall' . But if you moved something not library , like OPUS Software or plugins then you maybe would have to do a uninstall followed buy a re-install . Anyway , after that has been done then run the "NKS Support for Opus" installer ! (Win / Mac) . I have no idea if there could be some difference in support for different versions of OPUS software for that you will have to ask EastWest, but notice the "Note: NKS support for Opus and Play 6 can’t be installed at the same time. NKS Support for Opus deinstalls NKS Support for Play 6" .

And if the above and the "Reset the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database" referred to by Mykejb does not work then I wouldn't know what else to suggest !

However , one thing , and I can not understand why nobody here finds that of importance. : We no idea what is your computer type , OS , or versions of any software and all this adds a lot of potential problems that you might have had to address , especially if you are on Mac and haven't cared to check all the Mac settings stuff , or if you use outdated software , e.g. Native Access and Komplete Kontrol !

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

One other tidbit that may or may not matter. But I learned it recently and so I thought I would share:

Some EastWest libraries need to exist at the same location. For example, if you have Opus Woodwinds, Hollywood Woodwinds, and Diamond Woodwinds, it's possible that they will need to be at the same location. If you put Opus Woodwinds on a different partition than you have Hollywood, you could have issues. Some issues will happen in the East West installer. Others could maybe surface during usage?

That's my understanding.

• crain
    edited March 25

Thanks a lot guys for your help but I'm still stuck. I've done everything y'all suggested, but those darn libraries still won't show up in Komplete Kontrol. I've tried reinstalling, moving stuff around, reinstalling NKS patch, rebooting everything, even got that Komplete Kontrol update I was missing, but no dice....

About my PC, it's running Windows 11, i9 processor and 128GB of RAM (if that helps). All software is updated to their latest versions (Komplete Kontrol, Native Access, EastWest Installation Center...).

I think the only thing left for me to do is to wipe everything and reinstall, but with over 80 libraries, reinstalling everything could be a nightmare....

• crain

I've managed it! I have no idea exactly what it was that solved it out of everything I tried, but I've got them now :). Thank you very much for your help.

• PoorFellow
    edited March 25

Thank you very much for the feedback even if you did not know exactly what were the fix.

I actually just spent , well , a good amount of time today looking into it and were composing a follow up post (which is now totally deleted) , but I will then cease that.

I am glad that you got it to work , congratulations with that and with you having the tenacity and persistence to fix this yourself ! 😀

• victor_spoils
    victor_spoils Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Crain,

What a shame you don't know how you fixed it. I've been wrestling with this for a while. Nothing loads in KK except, oddly enough, SynthMaster. I'm at my wit's end. I've uninstalled, deleted the db3 and favorites file and rescanned libraries and plugins 10 times already. "Plug-in not found. Please open standalone...." Of course I'm already in the standalone. Cannot find or load jack except Synthmaster. Very strange. The libraries load fine in Kontakt. I use a dedicated drive for my NI libs and didn't relocate anything.

-Keith

Win 10 / i7-6700 / 32GB RAM

This discussion has been closed.