Copying Komplete instruments folders from PC to Mac ?

Options
2pods
2pods Member Posts: 33 Member
edited March 23 in Kontakt

Hi all.

I have a good, working Komplete 14CE running great on my PC, but have recently bought a Mac Studio Max. Like everyone, I'm waiting for Apple and NI to sort out the mk3 keyboards, Kontakt 7, etc, but while I'm waiting I thought I could start the NI process on the Mac.

I realise that Kontakt, and the rest of the programs are specific to their format, PC or Mac, but are the libraries' data files interchangeable ? i.e. just copy over the folders with *.nic, *.nki files to the Mac, install Mac specific Kontakt etc (when compatible) and that's it, or are the instrument libraries in different formats ?

If this is a stupid question please forgive me, as it's my first Mac.

TIA

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,210 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The library formats are the same so you should be able to copy the folders over. You'll have to use Native Access to locate the libraries one by one though as there's not a "locate all" function yet. Locate only works for Kontakt libraries, not for the Maschine expansions from what I remember.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,210 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The library formats are the same so you should be able to copy the folders over. You'll have to use Native Access to locate the libraries one by one though as there's not a "locate all" function yet. Locate only works for Kontakt libraries, not for the Maschine expansions from what I remember.

• 2pods
    2pods Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 23
    Options

Thanks for your help.

That will save me some time, though as Native Access doesn't seem to work with Sonoma 14.4 yet, it will be a while before I can do the rest.