komplete s61 mk2 connection issues

Options
eddiepeters
eddiepeters Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited March 23 in Komplete Kontrol

My komplete s61 mk2 is only flashing colors. It's connected usb 2 to usb. Blank screens no matter what i do. i have a copy of live 9 i own it 's not working with. The device doesn't show in the "control surface" tab in preferences. I've downloaded a trial of live 12, komplete kontrol s mk2, The behavior of the controller remains flashing lights with no screen response. I'm using a komplete audio 6 interface. Everyone minute or so or so theres a quick hissing noise through my speakers.

Answers

• eddiepeters
    Options

also, i just noticed on komplete kontrol, three dots top left, controller has it grayed out "komplete kontrol 61" etc with all the others. under preferences in native access i cannot find anything to do with midi. Also earlier i added the serial number, it told me it recognizes it, still nothing.

• eddiepeters
    Options

on kontakt 7 only audio 6 is showing, plus microsoft wavetable.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

Have you tried another USB cable, or a different port?

Forget about software but also be aware that for the MK2 to work in Live as more than just a MIDI keyboard you need to be on Live 10 or later so you will eventually have to update your live version.

If you open your hardware manager and don't see the keyboard listed in there, your keyboard is not detected by Windows (which thankfully you mention in your profile because that key detail is missing from your initial post)

If you have Komplete Kontrol software installed (which appears you do) your drivers should all be installed and you should see a device listed in device manager under Sound and Gaming Devices:

If you do not and your device manager shows nothing listed as unrecognised, it would seem the connection between keyboard and PC is not being detected so that is where i'd be checking the cable, test another, try different USB, make sure it is inserted all the way in the keyboard etc. Until you can see it listed, no point even checking in any software.

• eddiepeters
    Options

thank you very much for the speedy response. I’m getting ready to go to work, i’ll follow up after tomorrow. I have tried another cable, the one for the audio 6. Nothing changed. I’ve ordered a power cable to add to see if it was lacking power. I’ll reread and follow your instructions within a day. Thanks

• eddiepeters
    Options

I’ve tried new usb cables in different ports. I’ve started with a brand new copy of windows. I’ve added power. Nothing changed. I’m on a trial version of live 12. Everything is behaving exactly the same. I’ve looked in this menu under device manager, all it says is my audio 6. You say it’s not software. Not sure what it could be. Thanks

• eddiepeters
    Options

New problem. I found info on ni website about moving folders from one folder to another. Mk2 and ni folder program files>common files etc.

soon after i noticed the lights aren’t on and no matter what i do i cannot even get blinking out of the mk2, now it’s just off. I used the ubd from my audio 6 (currently powered on) and another, different ports, with a separate power supply with the exact requirements desired. It’s only two steps back, not even one forward. Thanks

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    Options

You need to contact support to get them to help fix your issue(s) , I don't know if it is a problem for N.I. Komplete Kontrol Support or for    N.I. Hardware Support , but I don't think that the forum will be able to provide a solution for you !

I will say though that I think that what N.I. will usually say is the 'ultimate test' would be to try to see how the Keyboard behaves if you install it on another computer !

• eddiepeters
    Options

I don’t have another computer. What is important that i forget to say was years ago i was on a mac.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@eddiepeters Have you tried these steps? My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our support: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol