Session Guitarist Mint - Fret Noises

Options
particlestorm
particlestorm Member Posts: 13 Member

Hallo there,

i read in the Manual that there are now also fret noise for the MELODY Instrument. As this is not described in detail and i did not find a video explaining, i wonder how this works. Do the noises get triggered by the CC for the fret Position ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, wouldn't this secton answer your questions?

P.6:  To change the fret position value of the selected melody articulation, adjust its Fret Pos value. Choose higher values to have the instrument perform notes in higher fret positions on lower strings, resulting in a more mellow tone. You can control the fret position in real-time for all melody articulations combined with the MIDI CC#114.

I assume the "sound of the fret" is just added to the sound depending on the MIDI data received.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

It's in the Guitar settings:

• particlestorm
    edited March 21
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

thanks, but that knob you showed does control the velocity/loudness. My question is, how the fret noises get triggered, meaning what circumstance does make Session Guitar play it. And just to be clear, i do know how it works within pattern mode. I ask specifically for the melody mode, because in the manual under "What's new" the fret noises are mentioned in the context of playing melodies.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, can you point me to the section of the manual you mention? This way I can ask the Kontakt Instruments team or check myself.

• particlestorm
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, wouldn't this secton answer your questions?

P.6:  To change the fret position value of the selected melody articulation, adjust its Fret Pos value. Choose higher values to have the instrument perform notes in higher fret positions on lower strings, resulting in a more mellow tone. You can control the fret position in real-time for all melody articulations combined with the MIDI CC#114.

I assume the "sound of the fret" is just added to the sound depending on the MIDI data received.

• particlestorm
    Options

From what i heard so far in Electric Vintage, changing the fret position with CC#114 does not result in a fret noise (sample) being played. Maybe this is different with MINT, but that was pretty much what i asked.