Loops vs Construction Loops

Options
jgfromintonation
jgfromintonation Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 20 in Maschine

Can somebody give a detailed explanation of the difference between loops and construction loops in Maschine expansions? Been using Maschine / Native Instruments for 3 years and somehow never noticed the term "construction loops" in the expansion store

I see it's based on tempo so i assume the difference is construction loops adjust to the tempo of the project, but don't all loops? Like i can loop a sample from anywhere and stretch it in Maschine so what differentiates a construction loop from any regular audio clip? Just wondering

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

My understanding is that construction loops are sets of related loops separared by intrument, which can be combined into a full beat/loop.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 26
    Options

Technically there is no difference, a "Loop" in Maschine is anything in audio form that is tagged as such, Loops automatically open with the Audio-Plug while other Audio files (One-Shot) open with the Sampler instead.

In Maschine "construction loops" are mostly things that are present in Expansions Groups/Kits that have been exported to Audio/Loops. Use case would be to use those things without Machine I guess, on a DAW or something. Or, if for some reason you prefer to use an Audio loop rather than Kit/Group.

A real-world example of the Amplified Funk Expansion, this loop called "Drums[100]3onit":

Is just the 3onit Group drums exported to Audio (without the melodic elements):

That's why it shares the same name. Obviously, the full Kit/Group gives you the freedom to change sounds, fx, change the MIDI Pattern, etc...