Mac : Library folder weird places

Options
Jonas Jørgensen
Jonas Jørgensen Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 20 in Native Access

Suddenly when downloading complete 14 to a new Mac, this appears on my sample drive, and not in the folder meant for Native Instruments, and what is this filter? Best regards JJ

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This folder and the receipts in it are totally normal, it always installs this at the same location where your NI libraries folder is set to. No need to worry!

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,813 mod
    Options

Since I am sure that someone else that knows more about Mac than me is going to ask this then , please check the path settings in Native Access , and maybe place a screenshot here of your path settings in N.A. .

Unless you are using a legacy OS , Mac 10.15 and earlier / Win 7 downloads) then you should be using latest version of Native Access for your OS

Otherwise : What is your OS version and your Native Access version ?

• Jonas Jørgensen
    Options

Everything is brand new. Both macOS (Sonoma) and Native Access. This is where I've set N.A to place samples, therefore I would like everything Native to be in that folder, and not suddenly have some weird system preferences in my root drive. Maybe it's just a temporary folder when downloading, but I don't think so. Best regards JJ

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you for the pictures but please notice that 'brand new' is not sufficient version information for neither OS nor for Native Access. I couldn't say though why the *.Plist files occur where they do . You can see from the following page where they are supposed to appear and the general distribution of the installation : How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer.

But since you have now placed the screenshots needed then I will ask @Jeremy_NI , could you please explain this Mac to Jonas Jørgensen ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

This folder and the receipts in it are totally normal, it always installs this at the same location where your NI libraries folder is set to. No need to worry!

• Jonas Jørgensen
    Options

Thanks Jeremy.

in this case though, it is not in the same folder as mu samples. If you have my screenshot, it has placed itself in the root before my native sampme folder. Would it be safe to move inside the sample folder? Best regards Jonas J

• PoorFellow
    edited March 20
    Options

I highly doubt that you can move *.Plist files without consequence. If they have been placed by Native Access then they are going to be missed. Jeremy is the Mac expert and I have very limited knowledge about anything Mac , including file system.

Incidentally , to address Jeremy_NI and 'ping' him then you can use the at sign like I do to you here : @Jonas Jørgensen (place the at sign and continue typing, when list shows correct person then pick the name !) (Never tag any one else without good reason)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Jonas Jørgensen I would avoid moving these.

• Jonas Jørgensen
    Options

Hi Jeremy.

Thanks. I'll let them be where they are.

I would just have liked them to be installed in the same folder as all the samples.

Best regards

Jonas