Macro CC numbers not working - Pedal - S61 MK3

Options

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the pre-assigned macro CC numbers, specifically with the first and last on any page on any instrument / effect

I'm matching the cc no via the foot pedal setting on the S61 mk3, I know what they should be and the default midi template backs this up but they just don't work for me. 14 - 21

Is this happening to anyone else?

Am I missing something or is this another bug ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

I wanted the expression pedal to controller the selected macro ( singular). It didn't, well not all of them. I tried to make this clear in the original post. It's never easy as everyone interprets things differently.

In the back ground the Midi CC for the first and last controls were set to learn. Once that was established it was just a matter of correcting it. Thanks Alfredo.

I wasn't sure how to do it on the MK3 so I used old faithfully S25 to sort the CC.. For the record, I now know how to do it on the S61 MK3.

Whilst your comment is relevant to some situations, it wasn't in this case and that is solely on me for my bad explanation of the issue.

Cheers

Scott

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Scottkid What are you trying to achieve exactly?

I'm matching the cc no via the foot pedal setting on the S61 mk3, I know what they should be and the default midi template backs this up but they just don't work for me. 14 - 21

Do you mean you want to control the parameters with an expression pedal? First thing is that having 2 different controllers assigned to the same MIDI CC can create conflict and/or cancel each other. Then the MIDI assignments are for when the keyboard is in MIDI mode.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

The issue has been identified and I'm just waiting for a resolution.

Some of KK marco's are stuck on Learn

Cheers

Scott

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

You might want to explain to my colleague what you're trying to achieve as well, it will be helpful. What I wrote is still relevant.

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

I wanted the expression pedal to controller the selected macro ( singular). It didn't, well not all of them. I tried to make this clear in the original post. It's never easy as everyone interprets things differently.

In the back ground the Midi CC for the first and last controls were set to learn. Once that was established it was just a matter of correcting it. Thanks Alfredo.

I wasn't sure how to do it on the MK3 so I used old faithfully S25 to sort the CC.. For the record, I now know how to do it on the S61 MK3.

Whilst your comment is relevant to some situations, it wasn't in this case and that is solely on me for my bad explanation of the issue.

Cheers

Scott