Feature Request, Please add the same midi learn as komplete kontrol has

Options
Ojustaboo
Ojustaboo Member Posts: 208 Advisor

Hi, in Komplete Kontrol, I can start it, select "View - Midi learn" and I can assign any external controllers knobs to the 8 knobs that the S series mk3 uses.

I only have to do this once and it remembers it.

Now when I start any instruments within komplete kontrol, the first 8 knobs on my midi controller acts in exactly the same way as the 8 knobs on my S88 mk3.

This is a great quality of life thing.

Any chance of doing the same for Kontakt please?

Thanks

Comments

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 208 Advisor
    edited March 23
    Options

Here’s most of a post from a non public forum, the poster is basically asking for the same thing

Hi!

Are there any Kontakt experts out there?

I use my Roland Fantom 08 as a midi controller in Reaper. Using it with Komplete Kontrol is fine, I've mapped some controls which are common across all the patches and I can control them from the Fantom with no issues.

But this is not the case in Kontakt.

I open an instrument in Kontakt, say, Hybrid Keys. I can midi-learn the controls and they work fine. I then close that instrument and open, say, Glaze (doesn't matter which one), map the controls and it works fine. But, this will now mean it has forgotten/overwritten the controls it learned in Hybrid Keys.

It isn't the end of the world as it only takes 20 seconds to re-map them, but annoying. I'm using assignable knobs on the Fantom which are CC21 to CC30 if that makes any difference....

Ant help greatly appreciated.