How to map Kontrol S2 to switch between A-C and B-D on shift and FX select button?

Options
Makrobe
Makrobe Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello! I recently bought a Kontrol S2 and am having some trouble setting up custom mapping options.

What I would like is to add a function whereby if I hold the shift button on deck A and then press FX select 3, that will switch that deck to control track C. I would also like deck B's shift button and FX select 4 to combine to switch it control track D. I would then like to be able to switch them back using their respective shift buttons and FX select 1. I'm sure this must be possible but can't seem to get it to work- could anybody tell me how to do it please?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ErikMinekus
    ErikMinekus Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Options

You will probably have to remap all controls for all decks, which will be a hell of a task. It would be easier to just buy an S3…

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,766 mod
    Options

In addition, the jogwheels can't be remapped for use of other decks. Also there are no dedicated equalizers for additional decks, which will make mixing really cumbersome.

Still, completely remapping a controller can be a lot of fun in itself...

• Makrobe
    Makrobe Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Wow, that's pretty useless for a £250 controller, especially given that I manged to get my old Numark Partymix to do it with Virtual DJ! Regarding cumbersome mixing I used to do the third fader with the mouse- always worked ok for 3 deck sets.

TBH if I can't get it to do this then I might as well send it back. Thanks for your help anyway :)