Reaktor 6: No valid reference to Ensemble in preset data.

Options
antihelix
antihelix Member Posts: 11 Newcomer

Hello All. I apologize in advance with what may be a super newbie question, but I am unable to find a satisfactory solution anywhere.

About a year and a half ago I created a bunch pf .nrkt files for various Reaktor 6 ensembles.

I am now attempting to revisit them and for the most part an faced with a "No valid reference to Ensemble in preset data." alert when trying to open them. This is prefaced by an "error reading file" alert displaying the path.

I'm certain the issue is that both the apps and the saved presets got moved around from the original locations.

Is there some way that one of you generous could can lead me back to the path of redemption?

Thank you SO much!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

I assume you still have Reaktor installed, right? Otherwise is not possible to use those presets. It is also necessary to still have the ensembles you used to create the presets.

If so, when the error message appears, is there a link "locate ensemble"? If so, use it, to restore your presets and then save them again.

If not, then i'm afraid the only solution is to manually recreate the original folder structure exactly as it was when you created those presets.

• antihelix
    Options

Thank you so much for replying – Yes, I have the latest version of Reaktor installed, and in the rare instances that it asks me to locate the ensemble, it reverts to the same issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@antihelix Can you share a screenshot of the error message? Have you tried reinstalling these ensembles or are these user ensembles?

• antihelix
    Options

Thank you Jeremy -

No, I haven't tried reinstalling, but they are factory ensembles.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@antihelix Please try reinstalling the Reaktor Factory Library then. Does that fix the issue?

• antihelix
    Options

Thanks Jeremy - tried that, and reinstalling Reaktor as well. No joy.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@antihelix So these presets, do you know with which ensembles they were made? Are they opening as expected in Reaktor in standalone? How did you save these presets back then?

Where is your Reaktor Factory library installed?

• antihelix
    Options

Thank you again Jeremy. The factory library is stored in the top level applications folder, within a Native Instruments folder.

The documents I am trying to open are .nrkt format. I've forgotten which technique I might've used to save them, but I do know that I was able to access them in the past.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Can you give the exact installation path?

• antihelix
    Options

Here you go!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Can you also check in Native Access what location is chosen for the Reaktor User library and share a screenshot?

• antihelix
    Options

Hope this helps!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@antihelix That's not what I meant, I meant in Native Access:

• antihelix
    Options

sorry about that!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Ok, so the first screenshots were not where the Reaktor Factory Library was. Can you confirm that the Reaktor Factory Library is indeed in the following location: Users/Shared/Reaktor Factory Library?