Does Maschine+ save Reaktor ensembles within each project?

Options
nuromantix
nuromantix Member Posts: 29 Member

Imagine I am making a track and I load a Reaktor patch from my SD card and use it in the project, then save the project.

If I then replace the Reaktor patch on my SD card with a new version, or even delete it, will that affect my already-saved project?

Is the Reaktor patch saved within the project or does the project look for the Reaktor patch in my library each time it loads?

Best Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Reaktor Ensemble is referenced. The settings (patch) of the Ensemble are saved in the Project.

• nuromantix
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks everyone. I am really messy and end up with 3 or 4 versions of all my synths. As soon as it works a bit, I want to make a track :)

Answers

• ozon
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Reaktor Ensemble is referenced. The settings (patch) of the Ensemble are saved in the Project.

• nuromantix
    Options

Thanks.

So if I improve my Reaktor patch in some way, I still need to keep the old one as well in order to play my older tracks without changing them.

Saved me a couple of hours experimenting, cheers.

• ozon
    edited March 15
    Options

AFAIK the Ensemble is referenced by path and name. As long as the changes don’t have an impact on the available parameters (number, range, id), the Project should work with the improved Ensemble as well.

@tetsuneko any experience with this scenario?

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited March 15
    Options

Nope, I always do ens development with "disposable" projects and only start using an ens more seriously when I consider it a "releaseworthy" version.

I imagine Maschine references the ens, but if you change any IDs you will most likely mess up the recall. Snapshots break easily..

One way to work could be to give the ensembles version numbers for their filename, and then keep all the forks around (they dont really take up space on the SD card) just for the sake of project compatibility

• nuromantix
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks everyone. I am really messy and end up with 3 or 4 versions of all my synths. As soon as it works a bit, I want to make a track :)