Kontakt 7 won't load some libraries - error message "Your version of Kontakt is too old . . ."

Options
JMTee
JMTee Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi all,

I'm getting the error message "Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file, which was saved with Kontakt v7.7.0.000. Please update to the latest version of Kontakt"

I tried the steps below to update the affected libraries, but the affected libraries still won't open in Kontakt.

I'm using Reaper as my DAW, please help!!! :)

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/21349/previous-versions-of-recently-updated-kontakt-libraries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JMTee
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks it was an issue with native access, I had to update to latest version of native access and then was able to get latest version of Kontakt 7

Answers

• JMTee
    Options

to specify the affected libraries are Analog Dreams, Ethereal Earth, and Hybrid Keys

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    edited March 7
    Options

What version of Kontakt are you running?

If you are trying to open a v7.7.0 library with a K7 instance that is older than 7.7 - you will get this message everytime.

And what OS are you running? If it's an older Mac OS - (cannot remember which at the moment) you will also not be able to update to the latest Kontakt version anyway.

Please update us on these two important facts first.

VP

• JMTee
    Answer ✓
    Options

thanks it was an issue with native access, I had to update to latest version of native access and then was able to get latest version of Kontakt 7

• Bernard Hankins
    Bernard Hankins Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue.

1) Try using 40's Very Own. in Maschine 2.18.0

2) I updated Konatkt 7(7.10.2) and kontakt 6 (6.8.0)-says so in Native Access (3.10.3)

3) If I open Kontakt 7 in standalone and leave open, then launch Maschine Kontakt 7 works. If not, it gives the error and shows Kontakt as vers 7.1.5. Tried rescanning in Komplete Kontrol as well.

tried reinstalling Kontakt as well. Still no go Anyone have this issue?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,098 Guru
    Options

Did you rescan from within Maschine itself?

Rescanning in Komplete Kontrol will not help get newer versions for Maschine.

VP

• JMTee
    Options

what worked for me was just making sure I had the latest version of Native Access, then it prompted to get latest version of Kontakt 7.

This issue just re-occurred for me, there was an update to Kontakt but there was no notification provided so I happened to re-try this fix (ie. got latest version of native access, saw new version of Kontakt 7) and the Kontakt 7 worked in Reaper DAW again