Strange Objects with Native Access 3.9.0

Options
2»

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Options

Deleting the .xml didn't fix anything for me. Not a major problem anyway since (afaik) it doesn't stop anything from working correctly.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

I did that but the problem didn’t resolve itself - turning off legacy support did but I would prefer not to have to do that

• Headtuned
    Headtuned Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

dosn't work for me, After deleting and restart Native Access - all the same.

• CJK
    CJK Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Looks like all xml's in the service center are also disconnected. If i move a instruments folder then it says to relocate 221 libraries that are all in the service center folder instead of 1

Hopefully there is a quick update.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

Is that the bug where it wants to relocate all third party products? I had that on mine too - moved a library and it wanted to relocate all the Wave, Softube, Arturia and other stuff. I've passed it to the devs, but you can relocate the product you moved and ignore anything else.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    Options

It seems that the same issue - displaying empty instances for legacy products - is still applicable to the new Native Access 2.9.1 release.

• CJK
    Options

Yes it is! What i did is that i deleted all of the xml's and now NA2 works good.

Now i try to find out how to get the xml's back.

• CJK
    Options

There are a couple off otherthings to overcome also with this release.

There is also a challenge with administrator rights and virus/firewall settings inside the program.

I fixed it to allow NA2 to pass through public and private channels of the virus and firewall settings, normally this is asked automatically by Windows the first time to allow NA2. But this time it didn't.

And also start-up NA2 as admin. Otherwise it asked me to sign-in endless times.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

Interesting comment about admin rights/virus settings. On my system I just installed NA (accepting the UAC prompts to install) and ran it. I've not had to change anything on a firewall or antivirus settings or run as an admin to make things work. This is running on a pretty standard Windows 11 build, Firewall/AV are the standard Windows ones, plus obviously NAT'd through a router to get to the Internet. My user is admin, but UAC is set to the default so it's not normally running elevated. Do you have different firewall/AV that might be causing problems?

• CJK
    Options

Exactly the same settings as yours, but i ran Windows 10 Home. Didn't had this with 3.5.1 and 3.8.1. Before it worked just as you mentioned above. Now it also works with the manual adjustments, but there where little hints that i noticed. Now NA just download/update/install just as before.