Kontakt 5 and DAW project problems after reinstalling K5

Options
Beat25
Beat25 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
edited March 6 in Kontakt

Hi,

I am using MacOs Venture and FL Studio 21.

I needed to reinstall Kontakt 5 due to another issue. Before I did certain projects worked finde. I deinstalled it like the manual is saying it. I removed the following files:

• Macintosh HD > Programme > Native Instruments > *Produktname* (Ordner)
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Preferences > com.native-instruments.*Produktname*.plis
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Components > *Produktname*.component
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > VST > *Produktname*.vst
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3 > *Produktname*.vst3
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plug-ins > *Produktname*.dpm
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-ins > *Produktname*.aaxplugin

Now FL Studio shows me this error. BUT I can open Kontakt 5 seperately and everything works.

Anyone knows what I can do?

Thank you in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Beat25
    Options

it seems that AU is also not working

• Beat25
    Options

Update: it seems that only AU isnt working anymore

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,208 mod
    edited March 6
    Options

Are you by any chance on Apple Silicon ? (I am not completely sure if that have any bearing , just checking since you did not write computer type ! ) : Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

Else check if your AU plugin is installed (or could be installed wrong place ?)

2. Plug-In Location

Mac

If your NI plug-in does not appear in your DAW, check the following:

On a Mac computer, audio plug-in are automatically installed to default system folders. Please make sure that those folders have been added to your DAW's plug-in manager:

AU : Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

P.S.

Of course also all N.I. apps including the NTKDaemon should have full disk access and disk be of the correct format !

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• PoorFellow
    edited March 6
    Options

Quote OP : Duplicate thread :

I am using FL Studio 21, MacBook M1, MacOs Ventura 13.5.2

Problem:

I want to load old projects (a few years old) I produced with Kontakt 5.

Notification while loading the project:

1.png

Some libraries are working within the old projects but there are a few Kontakt 5 Tracks where is nothing shown:

2_.png

I tried to install old Kontakt 5 Versions on my mac but its not working:

3_.png

I also tried to install Kontakt 7 but, the project is automatically linking to Kontakt 5 so I have no opportunity to try Kontakt 7 insteat of 5.

Could you tell me how I can find out which Library I was using back then.

• PoorFellow
    Options

@Jeremy_NI , sorry Jeremy , the above is too messy for me process , could you please take a look ?

• Beat25
    Options

Hi thank you so far.

I use a MacBook M1 Venture

To be clear you unfortunately closed the second threat but even the problem sounds simialar they are two problems, so it would be awesome if you could answer to the second issue aswell.

The first problem (here) I have is that Kontakt .AU cant be find even I installed anything the right way. I checked the folder where all AU files are and there is the Kontakt 5 file ''Kontakt 5.component''

FL Studio verified Kontakt 5. au and I can open it perfect seperately:

After opening:

Note: Anything worked perfektly BEFORE I removed Kontakt 5 and reinstalled it due to the 2 issue I had. So I know that it worked but I cant event open the old project now because it seems that Kontakt 5 . AU find the way to the fl studio project.

Thank you

• Beat25
    Options

Sorry for the confusion but I checked another project and now it still effects the VST

I just dont get it. When I open a empty project I can open any Kontakt 5 Version but an already existing project has problem with connecting Kontakt 5

• PoorFellow
    Options

Did you try letting the DAW re-scan the plugins if possible ?

• Beat25
    Options

Yes I did a complete new scran (including rescan verified plugins). Kontakt vst and Kontakt au is found but it wont open within an older, already created project.

• PoorFellow
    edited March 6
    Options

Then the only thing else I can think of to try would be the reinitialize the KONTAKT Database , else alas I think that you need the assistance of either dedicated Kontakt customer service or Jeremy_NI who has not been in the forum today as he usually is (if he is indisposed I don't know when he will be back) !

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,901 mod
    Options

@Beat25 If you are opening old projects on a M1 computer or want to use Kontakt 5 (discontinued product) you would need to run FL Studio in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta Does your issue still happen when FL Studio is in Rosetta?

• Beat25
    Options

Hi Jeremy, thank you for your help!

I tried running it under Rosetta but I still have the 2 problem:

1. When I open the old projects I get this notification:

Kontakt is completely empty and I dont know which librarie I used back then, maybe it was just a demo.

2 . Kontakt 5 VST can be found in most cases (expect the issue in point 1) but Kontakt AU not! I have this only since I reinstalled Kontakt 5 a few days ago, so Kontakt 5 AU was working on my M1. So I dont know what I made wrong. Maybe an older Kontakt 5 was running which I am not able to download now.

Additional Info: I noticed that I dont have NTK Deamon on my mac, I dont know why and if its important in that case. I installed all my products with the NI Acess Download Centre.

Hope you can help me further.

Thank you in advance

• PoorFellow
    Options

I thought that you had checked the Rosetta info yourself when I gave you the links to the compatibility page and asked if you used Apple silicon !

Anyway , never mind that, , Quote : "I noticed that I dont have NTK Deamon on my mac" ,

yes ! , the NTK Daemon is a very necessary component , as I wrote earlier then all N.I. apps including the NTKDaemon should have full disk access and disk be of the correct format ! How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

To check if you have the NTKDaemon then take a look at instructions on this page : Native Access Error: "Please grant permission to NTK Daemon to install dependencies"

If you do still not have the NTKDaemon then try installing it using the procedure from "Additional Steps" found here : Native Access Freezes on “Installing Dependencies“ at Startup

I could not spot any mention of Native Access on compatibility page info for Ventura but I am rather sure that you should be using latest version of Native Access for your OS And please remember that all N.I. apps including the NTKDaemon should have full disk access...

• Beat25
    Options

I did all you mentioned but I still dont have NTKDAEMON. I dont know whats wrong here and it might still not effect the 2nd problem I have, because it worked a few days before, and back then I didnt have NTKDAEMON.

It says that Kontakt.AU cant be load but I can open it seperately.

Also regarding the first problem:

Could it be that the Libraries that cant be load, are Demos? Because on Libraries I own I get the notification what Library is missing but on a few Kontakt is just Empty with no hin which library is missing?

• PoorFellow
    Options

As far as I know then the NTKDaemon is part of the DRM protection scheme. Once activated then things may be able to work to some extend for some period of time like e.g. off-line. I am however not privy to any of the details and do not have any access to any information that would help me get a good overview so at this point I have to leave this to Jeremy_NI and N.I: support !