How do you map a novation keyboard to Kontakt

sinobi
sinobi Member Posts: 18 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

I want to know how to midi map the keyboard so I can use the 8 rotary knobs on my novation launchkey25, sorry if its a dumb question but there are sooo many obstcales to getting all this setup and I can't afford a kontakt keyboard

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,848 mod
    edited March 5 Answer ✓

Hey @sinobi not a dumb question at all. You can assign your 8 knobs to the Komplete Kontrol standalone application:

Simply click on learn and move the knob on your Novation controller. Repeat for the 8 buttons.

You can also do it in Kontakt, as the title suggests but in Kontakt you would need to MIDI learn for every library. To do this, you simply go over a control or parameter, right click MIDI learn and turn the knob on your controller:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 5 Answer ✓

Hey @sinobi not a dumb question at all. You can assign your 8 knobs to the Komplete Kontrol standalone application:

Simply click on learn and move the knob on your Novation controller. Repeat for the 8 buttons.

You can also do it in Kontakt, as the title suggests but in Kontakt you would need to MIDI learn for every library. To do this, you simply go over a control or parameter, right click MIDI learn and turn the knob on your controller:

• sinobi

legend thank you so much!

• sinobi

tried both methods but neither worked, thought it was to simple to be true! keyboard plays notes but won't map knobs, for more info when I turn them they say volume in the display screen on the Novation controller. I wondering if its just mapped to Ableton as I'm using kontakt Kontrol as a plugin in Ableton

• Jeremy_NI

@sinobi As I said, with Kontakt you would need to do it instrument by instrument. Using Komplete Kontrol is more efficent. If your keyboard is controlling Ableton, some MIDI assignments might not be read if on top, so maybe try without the Ableton integration/DAW control, maybe check the manual of your keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.