Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

Options

Comments

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

From NI Series page

————

Any Kontakt instrument of your choice

Choose an additional NI Kontakt instrument you like for free, including any new NI release or classics like Noire, Playbox, and Session Guitarist
    ————-

That’s a nice offer, when I bought mine in January I got a £22 voucher that couldn’t be used on something already discounted/in a sale etc.

A free NI Kontakt instrument of my choice including new releases would have been very nice.

I suspect when they say a NI Kontakt instrument, they mean instruments only made by NI and not say something like Action Strings 2 that costs £269 to buy and was made in collaboration with Sonuscore?

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Hi,

I own komplete kontrol mk3 and have the latest 3.2.1 using win 11 .. we are now in Q2 almost Q3 and update where beta stands? Also will there be deeper sorting of sorts with libraries.. also 3.2.1 lags a bit on windows just need any good or bad news for a new customer 😀

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,338 mod
    Options

I suspect when they say a NI Kontakt instrument, they mean instruments only made by NI and not say something like Action Strings 2 that costs £269 to buy and was made in collaboration with Sonuscore?

NKS libraries are excluded. So you can get Lores but not Landforms for example. People who buy S-Series MK3 will get a separate email with an e-voucher. There are terms and conditions in this email.

• fafax
    fafax Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I am writing to share some concerns and suggestions regarding the S88 MK3 master keyboard. Currently, the S88 MK3 feels quite limited as it still lacks support for MIDI template editing. Additionally, the default template is not universally applicable. For instance, when using MainStage, the template functionality is bypassed, and a blank DAW screen appears instead. This is unexpected and quite frustrating, especially for live performance scenarios.

As a satisfied owner of the MK1 series, my expectations for the MK3 were significantly higher. I believe a major overhaul is needed for the future of this series. Providing access to customizable graphic objects on the display that are always usable would be a transformative improvement. In live performance settings, certain features need to function reliably at all times; manually selecting sounds through a graphical interface is not practical in these moments.

I hope these points are helpful for future revisions and look forward to seeing improvements that enhance the usability and functionality of the S88 MK3 series.

Thank you for considering my feedback.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited May 2
    Options

Yeah it's weird in MainStage, I assumed it would have the same functionality as in Logic, maybe that is intended but not complete hence the black screen and DAW buttons lighting up but not doing anything. Definitely needs some attention from NI.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options
  • godamnpablo
    godamnpablo Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Hey, do you guys plan to add any button combination on Kontrol Mk3 49 that will work as "Capture" button in Ableton? That would be mad cool.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

Yes, actually. It's on the backlog for later this year, but I won't promise a timeline until we've shipped the stuff that we're finishing now.

• godamnpablo
    godamnpablo Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

yesssir! that's great news. Btw. do you guys maybe plan to implement a feature that will show ableton devices/racks on the mk3 screen?

• Prokat99
    Prokat99 Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

@Matthew_NI are you willing to share an update on the stuff you're finishing now?

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 530 Pro
    Options

That would be an extraordinarily bad idea for both you and NI.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    Options

and @Prokat99 The information is on the first page, and previous pages.

I'm not on the beta, but I would be amazed if that's not already started, or is due to start soon. TL:DR moved away from some things where a little progress was being made to finish midi template editing among other things.

That was due for Beta in April, and we're now May, so I'd expect the update to hit this month - hopefully.

I have no inside information, just sharing my thoughts and experience with software development.

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 4
    Options

Are we still waiting for a basic MIDI mode editor for this S series Mk3?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

When are we likely to get sub banks back? It is making browsing some libraries very hard not having them

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,338 mod
    edited May 5
    Options

Yes. Latest news is that the team are concentrating most all efforts on getting these basic features finished as soon as possible.

Quote Matthew_NI April 2 : We decided last week... <Snip>... to focus all strength on MIDI Templates and Play Assist,