FL Studio has added support for Kontrol S MK3

Options
Matthew_NI
Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 920 mod

Per the information from Image Line:

• Kontrol S MK3 compatible with FL Studio 21.2.3 and up.
  • In FL Studio MIDI Settings users may need to click the Update MIDI Scripts button then Refresh Device List button.
  • If a user has already changed some settings for the Keyboard previously, it won't automatically set the scripts.
  • That would have to be done manually at that stage, unless a user first deletes their registry settings for FL Studio (for brand new users going forward it should be more seamless).

Comments

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 149 Helper
    Options

Thanks @Matthew_NI !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SuperTRev
    SuperTRev Member Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Are we going to get a MIDI mode editor in the KK plugin again, so we can configure it with the Mk3 keyboards? It's something that will be needed along with this integration.

• TGICarrie
    TGICarrie Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Jusr got this set up - abolsutely amazing - cannot wait to play!

• Adrian oliver
    Adrian oliver Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

• Thats great to hear, though I am seemingly too stupid to properly set it up. Can someone guide me?

• Adrian oliver
    Options

Thanks, got it working.
    But I wonder why the "Auto" button does nothing

• Ovvation
    Ovvation Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Can’t seem to setup mine either. What are these port numbers that I’m reading about and is there a certain way to set this up.

Thanjs

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,857 mod
    Options

Click on my comment above and it takes you to the discussion (click the date)

• TGICarrie
    TGICarrie Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 6
    Options

My initial joy had given way to, 'well thats a shame' but, I also now think I have figured it out.

I have not checked all the controls but I am lucky in that I also own an FLKey/49 (unsurprisingly well integrated!!) and I found comparing behaviour helpful.

1) I found specific port mappings make no difference - in the attached i mapped the S49 to 236 & 237 as a test, but the behaviour is unchanged as before (previously 102 & 103) —> and specific port number usage really shouldn't matter. The FLKey out the box maps to 236/237 and as you can see I also changed that - it still works perferctly. I also detached the FLkey, restarted FL Studio and that made no difference to the functionality of the S49 - it shouldnt obviously.

TLDR: I found that the S49 Mk3 was defaulted to /is stuck in Channel Rack preview mode, and I needed to change my global midi settings to fix, as they were all set to channel 1. This will probably now cause me an issue elsewhere, but for now the S49 works.

I figured this out while writing this post and undernoted helped me get to the answer.

2) I loaded Komplete Kontrol to the channel rack. On the S49, Browser and Plugin modes are now enabled - Hoorah!
    3) I loaded an instrument on the S49 using the Browser.
    4) Started to play using the S49, and nothing.
    5) I can play the KK instrument using the FLkey/49 (the KK plugin is active / selected in the channel rack)
    - and FL studio is sending midi out back to the light strip on the S49 - I play a note on the FLKey and the corresponding note on the S49 lights up.
    6) Nothing plays on the S49, except from middle C which corresponds to the preview middle C note of the first entry in the channel rack - in this case a kick drum. Playing successive keys on the S49 Mk3 takes me through the channel rack.

These settings turn out to be the problem - setting them to '…' seems to solve.

I do feel like a few of us had to work at this - the notes from image line were not helpful.

• Ovvation
    Ovvation Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you Kymeia

• Adrian oliver
    Options

Will there be a control/shortcut guide like for cubase and abletone?